ACC Discussion

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All he would be saying is "NO COMMENT"
Most coaches would be saying "No Comment". Boeheim would probably boil over and go after someone. He's old & a Hall of Fame coach. Hes not gonna sit back and take **** from the press, especially if it's not his hometown press (I think that game was on the road).

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wouldn't call Hopkins your typical assistant, but I'll say two things about the situation.

1) I'll reiterate, if I'm Boeheim, with the mouth he has, why put myself in position to say some junk I'm gonna regret later because I go in to IDGAF mode during the press conference.

2) Why give the holier than thou Tobacco Road press the opportunity to push my buttons. Don't give them the satisfaction. Screw 'em.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I wouldn't call Hopkins your typical assistant, but I'll say two things about the situation.

1) I'll reiterate, if I'm Boeheim, with the mouth he has, why put myself in position to say some junk I'm gonna regret later because I go in to IDGAF mode during the press conference.

2) Why give the holier than thou Tobacco Road press the opportunity to push my buttons. Don't give them the satisfaction. Screw 'em.

Interesting take. In the interest of full disclosure I've always disliked Boehiem. In addition to some other stuff, I have just always considered him a blowhard.

You're right about his 'mouth' potentially getting him into trouble. However, IMHO, he made the mess so he should lie :whistle: in it. Yeah, what he ultimately says might not be "PC" but that's his problem. Be a grown up and control yourself.

I do agree that the Tobacco Road boys shouldn't be allowed to sit on their collective high horses and act like their NC homeboys are above reproach. However, that's what happens when you cheat and get caught. You put yourself - er - your assistant coach in that position.

Now I'm gonna go hide before @CuseJacket tears me a new one. :D

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@kg01, it shocks me that anyone sees Boeheim as anything other than a loveable huggable teddy bear ;)

I don't know what happened at the postgame press conference yesterday. My initial reaction is the same as yours. That said, I have to believe that decision was premeditated and discussed with either Syracuse administration or Boeheim's personal lawyers prior to the game. Not saying they were right or wrong in the decision, but like everything else it's unclear to me how much I should blame Boeheim.

Don't forget, Boeheim is the same guy who got sued for standing up for his friend, Bernie Fine, while also calling the accusers something to the effect of "liars" before any legal proceedings happened. That ultimately got Boeheim and Syracuse sued for bullying. Probably not the smartest decision to have him at the podium at that point, and he admitted as much, but he's not one to hold back his personal opinion whether folks like it or not. If folks want no comment/answers that mean nothing, we can listen to more of 99% of coaches out there.

And just to make my stance on the whole situation clear, I'm still weeding through fact vs. opinion in terms of who is accountable. In the case of Bernie Fine, almost all accusers were found to be lying or backed away from their stories, and Fine was never charged with a thing. In that case Boeheim's opinion, at least in the court of legal opinion, was correct and he only got punished for saying what he thought was right.

Boeheim doesn't always endear himself even to Syracuse fans or local Syracuse media, but at least the guy is consistent.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You can be sued for bullying? Further evidence of the current state off ball-lessness our society in racing towards.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jim Boeheim is low life scum and I will never have any respect for him. He had his assts bad mouth Bobby C back during the Marbury recruitment saying GT was cheating. Bobby asked Jim to have his assts stop and asked for an apology and Boeheim refused.

He is lowlife scum that deserves every piece of crap that falls on him giving he is a lying cheatin a**hole.

RamblinRed

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Top 3 favorite Stephon Marbury/Georgia Tech urban legends:
1) Travis Best & James Forrest took him to the Gold Club on his official visit
2) For his official visit, he was flown in with Bobby on a private jet with his father in tow
3) He dated Evander Holyfield's ex-wife, driving her Toyota Land Cruiser all over campus (ok, the Land Cruiser part is definitely true)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Jim Boeheim is low life scum and I will never have any respect for him. He had his assts bad mouth Bobby C back during the Marbury recruitment saying GT was cheating. Bobby asked Jim to have his assts stop and asked for an apology and Boeheim refused.

He is lowlife scum that deserves every piece of crap that falls on him giving he is a lying cheatin a**hole.

RamblinRed
But how do you really feel? ;)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In tangentally related news. Steve Donahue has been hired to replace Jerome Allen at Penn. Probably a good place for him.