ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In case you are wondering you can go to this site to see the net rankings as well as the team sheets for each team. they are current through March 7.

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/SitePages/Home.aspx

I don't think either NCST or Clemson can afford to lose that 8/9 game. I feel like the loser is out of the Tourney
NCST is basically begging the Commitee not to take them with their OOC. They have the one good home win over Auburn, but even its other Q1 win is a neutral court win over a sub. 500 Penn St team that is barely a Q1 game right now. Clemson only has 1 Q1 win right now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
https://www.dailypress.com/sports/d...0316-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
Article re buzz Williams relationship with fox,who was charged in college admissions scam.

And this is just one reason why Nolley didn't end up at GT. If he had to potentially cheat to get a high enough score to qualify for GT, there was no way he would get a score high enough for GT that wasn't flagged as suspicious.

It ought to be pretty easy for VT to tell if Fox was involved in this instance. Just find out where Nolley took the test. If it was one of the centers used for the fraud then you have your answer. If not, he probably wasn't involved.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
And this is just one reason why Nolley didn't end up at GT. If he had to potentially cheat to get a high enough score to qualify for GT, there was no way he would get a score high enough for GT that wasn't flagged as suspicious.

It ought to be pretty easy for VT to tell if Fox was involved in this instance. Just find out where Nolley took the test. If it was one of the centers used for the fraud then you have your answer. If not, he probably wasn't involved.

B-B-But, people on Twitter (Some douche named Gunby) say that academics Impacting recruiting is a cop out

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Hoping uva won't be quite as good when they lose d'andre hunter & ty jerome to this year's draft. I've seen little predicted as a 9-16 pick. At one time they had him in the top 3 right? I wonder if he would've looked & done better playing for tech instead of uncheat?

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Hoping uva won't be quite as good when they lose d'andre hunter & ty jerome to this year's draft. I've seen little predicted as a 9-16 pick. At one time they had him in the top 3 right? I wonder if he would've looked & done better playing for tech instead of uncheat?
I think the extra minutes he would've played for us would've definitely helped his development and draft stock.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I'm not sure. He'd have better numbers, less wins but the same warts on his game. He would've had the chance to be an 'alpha' here which could've helped him some.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm not sure. He'd have better numbers, less wins but the same warts on his game. He would've had the chance to be an 'alpha' here which could've helped him some.
I am not sure he will declare for the draft. Even if he does, the combine will show he needs to develop a shot away for the basket.

I like Nassir and wish we had landed him. But he launches bricks from beyond the 3P line. And he had twice as many turnovers as assists. He uses his strength inside in college, but that will not be enough in the NBA. What I like about him is that he is a scrapper under the basket and will get way more than his share of loose balls.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure he will declare for the draft. Even if he does, the combine will show he needs to develop a shot away for the basket.

I like Nassir and wish we had landed him. But he launches bricks from beyond the 3P line. And he had twice as many turnovers as assists. He uses his strength inside in college, but that will not be enough in the NBA. What I like about him is that he is a scrapper under the basket and will get way more than his share of loose balls.
Weak draft this year though, so waiting a year could hurt him more than just entering and getting stashed in the G-league to develop.