ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What is clear is that without Zion Duke is probably a Sweet 16 team at best.

K is saying he expects him back for the ACC Tourney. Will be interesting to see if he is at 100% when he returns.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What is clear is that without Zion Duke is probably a Sweet 16 team at best.

K is saying he expects him back for the ACC Tourney. Will be interesting to see if he is at 100% when he returns.

Given Coach K's track record of bull****ting the media, that probably means he plays on Saturday.

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
I find it interesting to watch Blacksheer play with his leg injury, adjusting to play on his toes,while Zion has a minor knee injury and get near the court.

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
How about love of the sport. Most athletes know or feel their limits. Reporters make a big deal of saying how strong he looks. Perhaps the injury is greater than we are being told. Quite frankly, I don’t care if any Duke player plays. It’s just big business anyway.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
How about love of the sport. Most athletes know or feel their limits. Reporters make a big deal of saying how strong he looks. Perhaps the injury is greater than we are being told. Quite frankly, I don’t care if any Duke player plays. It’s just big business anyway.

He can love the sport and still want to be 100% healthy. He’ll be back for the UNC game is almost guarantee it. He’s been going in practice

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

That's cute and all but the wise thing to do is sit and not push it.

As @Peacone36 said, he can love the sport but still want to be fully healthy. Playing with a near-injury is a good way to make sure you'll not only get injured but also will likely injury another area of your body as you try to compensate for what you're lacking.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Duke misses Zion on defense as much as offense. The kid has really quick hands and can really jump for such a big guy. I have never seen a BB player in college with his athletic ability and I saw Jordan play when he was at UNC.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So a VT and ND win this weekend sees us open tournament play vs Pitt. Then we’d play UL/Cuse. Keeping the 10 seed would be awesome since May have a chance to win an ACC tournament game.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I just don't want to see Miami in the first game and I don't think there is a way that could happen - win or lose for them. Beyond that I agree it would be great to keep the 10th seed as that is about the easiest 2 games we would get.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I believe Clemson and NCST are basically locked into the 8/9 game.
that could be an interesting contest. The loser of that game is not likely to get an NCAA bid. Clemson blew their game at Raleigh by missing a bunch of FT's in the last minute and NCST hitting a long three.

I think NCST is in more jeopardy than most sites are showing. Their OOC schedule is ranked #353 out of 353 teams. Won't take much for the Committee to find a reason to leave them out over that bad of an OOC.

Interestingly, GT has as many Quadrant 1 wins as NCST and Clemson combined - 3, and they are all road wins.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe Clemson and NCST are basically locked into the 8/9 game.
that could be an interesting contest. The loser of that game is not likely to get an NCAA bid. Clemson blew their game at Raleigh by missing a bunch of FT's in the last minute and NCST hitting a long three.

I think NCST is in more jeopardy than most sites are showing. Their OOC schedule is ranked #353 out of 353 teams. Won't take much for the Committee to find a reason to leave them out over that bad of an OOC.

Interestingly, GT has as many Quadrant 1 wins as NCST and Clemson combined - 3, and they are all road wins.

I was looking at that earlier today and was pleasantly surprised. I had never looked at how Quadrants were assigned either, so that was interesting to see. Arkansas is just barely there at 73.