ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am not sure he will declare for the draft. Even if he does, the combine will show he needs to develop a shot away for the basket.

I like Nassir and wish we had landed him. But he launches bricks from beyond the 3P line. And he had twice as many turnovers as assists. He uses his strength inside in college, but that will not be enough in the NBA. What I like about him is that he is a scrapper under the basket and will get way more than his share of loose balls.

That's kinda why I think he will declare. Could get further exposed with another year at U(sic)NC. All of a sudden he'd look up and he's a jr with much less "potential" from an NBA perspective. Leave now, strike while the iron's hot.

To me, he showed that he's a multi-year prospect. That's not an indictment but the 'business of basketball', says he's better off exiting college now and developing with an NBA team.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When I watch him and think about his potential to play professionally, I ask myself what his role would be. He's not a 3 and D guy. He lacks the shot to play the 2 or 3. He's strong, but lacks the size to play the 4. Being able to shoot has really elevated in importance.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
When I watch him and think about his potential to play professionally, I ask myself what his role would be. He's not a 3 and D guy. He lacks the shot to play the 2 or 3. He's strong, but lacks the size to play the 4. Being able to shoot has really elevated in importance.

Justice Winslow-type

Useful player but, in hindsight, not a lotto pick.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would really like to see how Roy would do with an entire team of freshmen like Coach K. He has been fortunate in keeping his players there for multiple years. I could see white and little going early.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
White is in most mock's lottery status. Little is mid to high teens. I figure White is gone and Little has a decision.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i'd be shocked if Little returned. I don't think it is even a serious consideration for Nassir or his family right now. He may not go as high as people were thinking 12 months ago, but he's still going in the lottery and possibly Top 10.

UNC is one team I could see taking a significant step back next year. They are likely to lose 4 out of 5 starters and their 6th man. They have Top 25 center Bacot coming in - at the one position they have a returning player (Brooks). They will likely get Top3 PG Cole Anthony, but that team isn't going to have anywhere near the talent and experience they are losing this year.

slugboy

Staff member
If you’re first round, even end of first round, you probably ought to go.
Maybe with a year of practice you could move up, but you could move down too, and it’s easier to move down (injury, for example).
I’d expect Little to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what that "analysis" is supposed to show. All they did was take the gross number of donors and the number of living alums and say "if every donor is an alum, here's the ratio" To say that is moronic and meaningless would be kind. If someone could show that the actual % of alums giving was higher (or lower) at a specific school, you'd have something worth looking at

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not Surprising at all on Little.

There is going to be alot of turnover at UNC And Duke and neither has a huge class coming in right now. Though both will likely get some good players in the spring.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
UNC would have Brooks and Manley returning up front and adding Bacot. That's a solid front court. Assume they add Cole Anthony to Leaky Black, Seventh Woods and Robinson. Throw Platek in for emergency backup duty. That's not a bad roster. Maybe not Final Four but likely top 3 in ACC

Duke is in worse shape. Assume all four frosh go (Jones is only question mark) as well as Bolden (believe that is likely). That means they return AOC and Goldwire in backcourt with White and DeLaurier up front. Current recruits are good but not Zion. Carey, Moore and Boogie. They need to add two or three more bodies or could be flirting with a Thursday game in ACCT again

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This one is a little surprising, though not directly ACC related.

I remember we recruited him pretty hard. Completely forgot about him until seeing this tweet. Looked his stats up and unless he’s expecting to kill it at the draft combine this makes zero sense. Unless he’s not hiring an agent and wants feedback.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
UNC would have Brooks and Manley returning up front and adding Bacot. That's a solid front court. Assume they add Cole Anthony to Leaky Black, Seventh Woods and Robinson. Throw Platek in for emergency backup duty. That's not a bad roster. Maybe not Final Four but likely top 3 in ACC

Duke is in worse shape. Assume all four frosh go (Jones is only question mark) as well as Bolden (believe that is likely). That means they return AOC and Goldwire in backcourt with White and DeLaurier up front. Current recruits are good but not Zion. Carey, Moore and Boogie. They need to add two or three more bodies or could be flirting with a Thursday game in ACCT again
Assume you meant Wednesday game? In any case, I agree next year's Duke roster as of now looks like a typical 5 seed in the ACCT. No one who can create their own shot nor create for others from the veteran group, and then sprinkle in three really good freshmen.

That said, I predict Duke will add the 2-3 more bodies via recruits that are still available, those that will shake loose with coaching transitions, and the grad transfer route.

Some ACC rosters will turn over A LOT this offseason, which might dictate Duke's Wednesday qualifications as much as their own roster.
  • Virginia's roster will be interesting to watch. Salt is the only Senior, and Hunter should go. If they win it all, is there much incentive for others to stay like Guy and Jerome (assuming they have the ability to graduate)?
  • Florida State loses Cofer, Koumadje, Mann, Nichols, and Savoy -whew! And Kabengele should think about striking while the iron is hot.
  • Virginia Tech will be gutted beyond the HC. No more Robinson, Outlaw, Hill or Clarke. And Alexander-Walker is projected as a 1st round pick.
  • Syracuse loses Battle and indications are Brissett wants to find any reason to leave. Howard and Chukwu are gone, and you can make the case that Chukwu is the toughest to replace beyond Battle.

That's a lot of names. Virginia is most likely to remain stable out of the top 6 this year.

I didn't mention Louisville, who was the 7 seed this year. They only lose Cunningham for sure, assuming Nwora comes back. And their incoming class is loaded. Expectations should rise for the Cards in the pecking order.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Assume you meant Wednesday game? In any case, I agree next year's Duke roster as of now looks like a typical 5 seed in the ACCT. No one who can create their own shot nor create for others from the veteran group, and then sprinkle in three really good freshmen.

That said, I predict Duke will add the 2-3 more bodies via recruits that are still available, those that will shake loose with coaching transitions, and the grad transfer route.

Some ACC rosters will turn over A LOT this offseason, which might dictate Duke's Wednesday qualifications as much as their own roster.
  • Virginia's roster will be interesting to watch. Salt is the only Senior, and Hunter should go. If they win it all, is there much incentive for others to stay like Guy and Jerome (assuming they have the ability to graduate)?
  • Florida State loses Cofer, Koumadje, Mann, Nichols, and Savoy -whew! And Kabengele should think about striking while the iron is hot.
  • Virginia Tech will be gutted beyond the HC. No more Robinson, Outlaw, Hill or Clarke. And Alexander-Walker is projected as a 1st round pick.
  • Syracuse loses Battle and indications are Brissett wants to find any reason to leave. Howard and Chukwu are gone, and you can make the case that Chukwu is the toughest to replace beyond Battle.

That's a lot of names. Virginia is most likely to remain stable out of the top 6 this year.

I didn't mention Louisville, who was the 7 seed this year. They only lose Cunningham for sure, assuming Nwora comes back. And their incoming class is loaded. Expectations should rise for the Cards in the pecking order.
I have seen Nwora in several mock drafts. I assume he is gone.