ACC Discussion

Techster

Helluva Engineer
As I said in another thread, I think if our guys develop and take another step in the right direction, GT has a chance to finish in the top 6-8 spots in the ACC. 7-8 is Bubble territory depending on how strong the ACC is next season, definitely NIT territory. The opportunity is certainly there given a good number of teams ahead of us (we finished 10th this season) look to take a step back.

The key is certainly how well Alvarado/Devoe/Banks take their game to the next level. They can be a VERY good trio. Usher will be a wild card, and potential guy we can count on for our 4th option depending on his acclimation after sitting out a season. Then we have the younger guys from this season who showed promise.

Could be a perfect mix of our "get old stay old" finally getting old enough, and the ACC taking a step back giving GT a chance at a VERY good season. We'll see...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UNC would have Brooks and Manley returning up front and adding Bacot. That's a solid front court. Assume they add Cole Anthony to Leaky Black, Seventh Woods and Robinson. Throw Platek in for emergency backup duty. That's not a bad roster. Maybe not Final Four but likely top 3 in ACC

Duke is in worse shape. Assume all four frosh go (Jones is only question mark) as well as Bolden (believe that is likely). That means they return AOC and Goldwire in backcourt with White and DeLaurier up front. Current recruits are good but not Zion. Carey, Moore and Boogie. They need to add two or three more bodies or could be flirting with a Thursday game in ACCT again

All of us can only hope that dook flames out miserably next year, amirite?

#evilempire

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Local news in chapel hill has WBB under investigation due to allegations by players. Sound familiar? Staff is under suspension for now. No other details.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These will probably start coming in quickly now.

Ky Bowman is leaving BC and signing with an agent (not a surprise).
https://247sports.com/college/baske...enter-NBA-Draft-sign-with-an-agent-130804212/

NC ST signee Jalen Lecque has submitted his paperwork to verify he is eligible for the draft (he graduated from HS last year and did a post-grad year this year). First step to potentially entering the draft and skipping college.
https://247sports.com/college/baske...le/Jalen-Lecque-NBA-Draft-NC-State-130801717/

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ogbonda graduated in 4 yrs and decided to leave to try to find somewhere he might have a better chance of playing. I don't really consider that leaving early.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ogbonda graduated in 4 yrs and decided to leave to try to find somewhere he might have a better chance of playing. I don't really consider that leaving early.
I see your point, but he is still a grad transfer and could have stayed another year at GT. I think that is the same as Derrick Smits, who Valpo fans believe is leaving early.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I see your point, but he is still a grad transfer and could have stayed another year at GT. I think that is the same as Derrick Smits, who Valpo fans believe is leaving early.
Smits also declared for the draft but is keeping his options open to grad transfer.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Madness. VPI could lose Clarke, Blackshear, Robinson, Hill, Outlaw, NAW, Bede as well as their best recruit in Harris.

If they were to land Cronin I think they could save face and bring back Clarke, Harris and Bede as his style fits their play. If they hire Willard. They all leave and he’s fired in 3 years and VT goes into the dark ages