ACC Discussion

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder if the loss last night to WF will be the game that kicks Pitt out of the NCAAT. They already looked shaky, but in field of 68, prior to last night. Now they almost have to win out this week.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else think its foolish that Junior Bridgeman is being honored at the 2015 Legends Classic? He didnt play in the ACC. Neither did Troy Murphy, Billy Knight and Derrick Coleman.

Maybe Im alone.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Anyone else think its foolish that Junior Bridgeman is being honored at the 2015 Legends Classic? He didnt play in the ACC. Neither did Troy Murphy, Billy Knight and Derrick Coleman.

Maybe Im alone.

Not alone... If they didn't play in the League they shouldn't be "honored" per se.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Got hammered

Those scholarship losses could be huge. Their 4-person class 1st brings them to the full complement of 13 and now they've got to bring that number down? Seems unfair to the kids. Gotta wonder if they'll release kids or clear some out via transfer.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/syracuse

Also, McCullough announced he's coming back next year following his ACL injury.

Last edited:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that hurts, particularly the scholarship reductions.

That said Boeheim is pretty much never at the max scholarship limit, including this year, to maintain recruiting flexibility. Rakeem Christmas is the lone senior and they're bringing in 4 next year. Now he has no choice but to max out what they have available i.e., all 10 schollies during the penalty.

Syracuse fans were already expecting one or two transfers after this season. Not sure how the numbers shake out in order for them to start the penalty this coming year vs. next.

Not trying to defend what happened, because it's still unclear, but I will at least offer this. Boeheim has a reputation for being hands off with his players and assistants. In fact it's been lauded by some as an NBA-style approach. That said, who knows whether that was intentional to allow for plausible deniability. His lack of oversight clearly played a heavy role in his 9-game ACC suspension.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-nine-games-cuts-syracuse-orange-schoarlships

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll have to read the article, but I hope there's a massive media frenzy when UNC skates by unscathed down the road. Goodman was just on Cowherd saying UNC should get hammered based on this Cuse penalty.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If we lost three scholarships, it would not be losing Cox or Jackson or Bolden. It would be Aaron Peek and Brooks Doyle and someone else who almost never plays. And Doyle and Peek would still be on the team, but their families would be paying for their education. I know that will be the same thing at Cuse.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If we lost three scholarships, it would not be losing Cox or Jackson or Bolden. It would be Aaron Peek and Brooks Doyle and someone else who almost never plays. And Doyle and Peek would still be on the team, but their families would be paying for their education. I know that will be the same thing at Cuse.
You mentioned 2 walk-ons. It would be Heyward for sure (I'd like to think his older brother could pick up tuition), Josh Heath (his former HC father could probably pick up the tab), and if I had to guess, Quinton Stephens. Admittedly, this is why I always felt we'd be able to make room for Jaylen Brown no matter what.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
At what point will UNC actually be punished? Their investigation has been going on so long there are already a couple books out regarding it. Its ridiculous.