ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That was in the N&O yesterday. She's not pleased with how her son was treated. I
Assume K and Bagley will be left off future dinner invitations at the Carter home.

Heh. I'm surprised she didn't go, "And they didn't pay me enough for this sh*t! .... uh, I mean ...."

Imagine how Duval and Trent, Jr. feel. At least Carter went top 7.

For me, his mom's mouth would've kept him off my draft board. Similar to Lonzo, he's not good enough to offset that headache. Imagine when he doesn't start or get enough minutes to satisfy her. Good luck with that, Bulls.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Everyone always goes on about calapari being slimy....he can't hold a candle to the slimiest of all coach k.
I have to say, Duke wins and K can take credit for that. Sleazy or not, the Duke campus is a beautiful place and the school has a fabulous reputation. Carter went to Pace and the tree shady campus on South Ponce must have helped him feel at home walking around Duke's old buildings.

But, I do not doubt that K or Capel promised Carter and his parents that he would be the featured player on offense this past season. As soon as Bagley reclassified that promise was down the drain.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Mike Brey said Thursday on the Marching to Madness podcast that DJ Harvey had micro fracture surgery on that knee.

He also said there was a good chance they get him back in October. Whispers of a possible redshirt though.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
As far as Carter and his mother go who cares what she thinks. Her son had a chance to get a $200k education from a good institution for free. I went to a couple of duke games this past year and saw him play. I will never watch him play in the NBA. I never watch the NBA. I watch a lot of college basketball. They actually try to play defense in college.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As far as Carter and his mother go who cares what she thinks. Her son had a chance to get a $200k education from a good institution for free. I went to a couple of duke games this past year and saw him play. I will never watch him play in the NBA. I never watch the NBA. I watch a lot of college basketball. They actually try to play defense in college.
I know there are a number of Swarm posters who agree with you, but you are missing some good basketball by ignoring the NBA. And, they do play defense.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I know there are a number of Swarm posters who agree with you, but you are missing some good basketball by ignoring the NBA. And, they do play defense.

I hate when people say stuff like that. Winning teams play defense in the NBA.

The difference between watching college basketball and NBA is similar to the difference between watching girls hs ball and high-level boys hs ball.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The difference between watching college basketball and NBA is similar to the difference between watching girls hs ball and high-level boys hs ball.

Not really. It's more the difference in watching HS boys basketball and high level AAU basketball. Sure the talent differential is obvious but there's stylistic differences that aren't insignificant or one direction.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

LOL. Good lord. Top tier programs are going to go after top tier recruits regardless of how many #1 recruits/5 star players they have. If players think coaches are not going to stack their rosters every chance they get, they're delusional.

That article really makes Jr look like a momma's boy who can't deal with competition. The guy ended up being picked at #7 after a OAD season at Duke. Seriously, bro...are you really crying that Coach K is surrounding you with the best players possible?!

If you didn't want to deal with competition, you should have stayed home teamed up with Big Ben...of course, that may have been way he didn't want to come here. By the sounds of the interview, he wanted to be the focus of any post play for the team he went with, and Ben was coming off a huge year.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Good lord. Top tier programs are going to go after top tier recruits regardless of how many #1 recruits/5 star players they have. If players think coaches are not going to stack their rosters every chance they get, they're delusional.

That article really makes Jr look like a momma's boy who can't deal with competition. The guy ended up being picked at #7 after a OAD season at Duke. Seriously, bro...are you really crying that Coach K is surrounding you with the best players possible?!

If you didn't want to deal with competition, you should have stayed home teamed up with Big Ben...of course, that may have been way he didn't want to come here. By the sounds of the interview, he wanted to be the focus of any post play for the team he went with, and Ben was coming off a huge year.
These guys only want to play for one year and give themselves a chance at a national championship that one year. They don't give a hoot about the university.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hoping he learned from that & will never try that again.

Ohhhh, now I get it. @Peacone36 , gotta keep the references under the 8th grade level or I'll be totally lost.

And I fully agree with getting mud on CPast for what he did. Just 'cause he's our guy doesn't make it any less questionable.