ACC Discussion

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Was it that or was it the fact that, once they were there, the media lost interest and their profile dipped precipitously?
I think it could be both. It could also be that they are hoping to audition for some NBA teams prior to the draft. Personally, I think LaMelo needs to get his degree.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Watch out. Apparently UVA will be using their historic 1st round defeat as fuel for next year ...

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...s-use-historic-ncaa-tournament-loss-umbc-fuel

... Isn't that like a convicted felon saying how sorry he is for robbing a bunch of old ladies after he gets thrown in jail? I mean, you're here now. WTF else are you gonna do?
I need to give 'option a break, so no tag.

In all seriousness, with this NCAAT as a capstone, I can't think of many teams that are bigger headcases in the postseason than UVA. Pitt had a good run of doing nothing when they were good. Who else? Maybe Arizona, but they also had $$$ on their mind, so not as much space for the boogeyman to settle in.

Also expect UMBC to be a common theme when UVA goes on the road this year. Therefore, that article might be understating the point. Really though, if opposing fans want to get in their heads, they should reconsider "teasing" them and instead go for the "it's ok, nothing to be ashamed of... it'll eventually happen to someone else and you won't be the only ones". Maybe offer your arms and a shoulder for 'Hoos fans to rest on.

giphy.gif

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I need to give 'option a break, so no tag.

In all seriousness, with this NCAAT as a capstone, I can't think of many teams that are bigger headcases in the postseason than UVA. Pitt had a good run of doing nothing when they were good. Who else? Maybe Arizona, but they also had $$$ on their mind, so not as much space for the boogeyman to settle in.

Also expect UMBC to be a common theme when UVA goes on the road this year. Therefore, that article might be understating the point. Really though, if opposing fans want to get in their heads, they should reconsider "teasing" them and instead go for the "it's ok, nothing to be ashamed of... it'll eventually happen to someone else and you won't be the only ones". Maybe offer your arms and a shoulder for 'Hoos fans to rest on.

giphy.gif

Nova before they broke through fits that narrative

FSU
Creighton?

One team the other way that always seems to get me in the tournament picks is K-state. I always pick them to lose first round and they never do. They don’t make deep runs but always seem to escape those 8-9 matchups

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't really get Baker moving up in class. He is another SF of which they have Barrett, Reddish, arguably Williamson -though i think he plays the 4, and O'Connell.
I don't see him playing much as a FR. if he was a big i'd get it.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I don't really get Baker moving up in class. He is another SF of which they have Barrett, Reddish, arguably Williamson -though i think he plays the 4, and O'Connell.
I don't see him playing much as a FR. if he was a big i'd get it.

I don't get how all of these kids can just up and decide to reclassify. I think Marvin Bagley was admitted to Duke like two weeks after he decided to reclassify. I was a really good student and I am pretty sure I couldn't have just decided to up and skip my final year of high school. UK might be doing a similarly confusing thing this year. They already have Quade Greene coming back as a sophomore PG and have Immanuel Quickly coming in for 2018. On top of that, they got a commitment from 2019 PG Ashton Hagans and are supposedly huge leaders for 2019 PG Tyrese Maxey, both of whom are rumored to be considering reclassifying to 2018. That would be five 5* PGs on the same roster next year. Why would any of UK, Hagans, or Maxey want that? Hard to argue with Cal's record with PG's, especially with Tyler Ulis and Gilgious-Alexander going from low- to mediocre- NBA prospects to first round/lottery, but still. Five at once?

Remember when Tech used to be point guard U? I miss that. I do love the prospect of Alvarado for three more years though!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There was a mention on the news last night in Durham that Baker might actually redshirt. Doesn't make sense unless just want to make sure he gets into the Duke system one year early. I sorta doubt it though.