ACC Discussion

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t Will Bynum donthe sane as JM? I remember him becoming eligible around December. I think he played in a few games the year before with Arizona and left around Christmas.

Did he actually enroll at GT for the spring semester though? If so that's the difference.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

:( Maybe @CuseJacket can step in and get Bayhime a Kleenex.

What's the context here? Was he asked "have you talked with him" or was he going out of his way to roast the kid? From what I understand Bazley called Syracuse assistant Allen Griffin about his decision just before going public. When Griffin asked if there was an opportunity to re-think about it, Bazley said the decision was made and there was no looking back. Boeheim/Bazley then exchanged text messages.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bynum was a mid-year transfer. Transferred after fall semester, became eligible after the following fall semester. Elijah Thomas did the same thing transferring from TX A&M to Clemson.

But the usual process is that the player transfers between semesters, JM did not do that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What's the context here? Was he asked "have you talked with him" or was he going out of his way to roast the kid? From what I understand Bazley called Syracuse assistant Allen Griffin about his decision just before going public. When Griffin asked if there was an opportunity to re-think about it, Bazley said the decision was made and there was no looking back. Boeheim/Bazley then exchanged text messages.

I dunno. I'm certainly not paying for The Athletic. What does that name even mean?

I wouldn't put it past Bayhime to say something roasting the kid under the guise of, "Bwah, I was jus' being honest."

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have lost track . Who is returning to Pitt?

This is what I have
returning
Jared Wilson Frame (Sr) - 6'5, 220 - G/F
Shamiel Stevenson (So) - 6'6, 230 G/F
Terrell Brown (So) - 6'10, 240 - F/C
Khameron Davis (So) - 6'4, 195 - G
Samson George (So) - 6'7, 220 - F
Peace Ilegomah (So) - 6'9, 235 C

Leaving
Parker Stewart
Marcus Carr
Ryan Luther
Monty Boykins (graduated)
Jonathan Milligan (graduated)

undecided
Malik Ellison (Jr) - 6'6, 215 G - transferred in from St. John's last season, undecided on whether he will stay or move on to a different school - this is Pervis Ellison's son
Kene Chukwuka (Jr) - 6'9, 215 F/C

Commits
Trey McGowens - 6'4, 175 G

McGowens is a big pickup for them. He isn't really a pure PG, but they don't have any PG's on their roster so any guard that can handle the ball is a positive.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It looks like Capel is making a good impression on the players. Wilson-Frame, Davis, and one more were all granted their release, but decided to return.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It looks like Capel is making a good impression on the players. Wilson-Frame, Davis, and one more were all granted their release, but decided to return.

There were actually 9 current guys that secured their release. Along with a JUCO commit and their best prep commit. 11 total.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno. I'm certainly not paying for The Athletic. What does that name even mean?

I wouldn't put it past Bayhime to say something roasting the kid under the guise of, "Bwah, I was jus' being honest."
Agreed, he's not above petulance. And I enjoy that.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding Bazley...

Fair, maybe?

It's interesting that it was "out there" for 1 month and no one reported it. Bazley said after the decision that he's been thinking about it for 6 months, so I guess Slater needs to do better having his ears to the street?

I've read and heard a lot of hindsight 20/20 stuff. From what I've read and heard, if you listened those tea leaves ahead of time, it sounds a lot like reading that every 8th man in the country thinks they're NBA bound. Ok, I hope Pastner is talking Shembari Phillips off the ledge of declaring early.

And our coach damn well better not associate himself with people who will "obviously" turn on him, report violations to the NCAA and accuse him of sexual misconduct. I mean, it was out there that Ron Bell was a recovering addict, and we all saw that coming, right? No... not a single person posted a thing projecting that... hindsight 20/20 stuff that everyone "knew" was a poor decision after the fact.

Just my opinion.. I don't think anyone really has a good handle on the lead-up.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Fair, maybe?

It's interesting that it was "out there" for 1 month and no one reported it. Bazley said after the decision that he's been thinking about it for 6 months, so I guess Slater needs to do better having his ears to the street?

I've read and heard a lot of hindsight 20/20 stuff. From what I've read and heard, if you listened those tea leaves ahead of time, it sounds a lot like reading that every 8th man in the country thinks they're NBA bound. Ok, I hope Pastner is talking Shembari Phillips off the ledge of declaring early.

And our coach damn well better not associate himself with people who will "obviously" turn on him, report violations to the NCAA and accuse him of sexual misconduct. I mean, it was out there that Ron Bell was a recovering addict, and we all saw that coming, right? No... not a single person posted a thing projecting that... hindsight 20/20 stuff that everyone "knew" was a poor decision after the fact.

Just my opinion.. I don't think anyone really has a good handle on the lead-up.
This is fair enough and sometimes you see behavior and think it strange, but cannot foresee the outcome years down the road. My cousin got frequent notes from his teachers that he talked in class far too much. As an adult he became a politician. When disaster strikes, it is easy to look at those notes and see that he was doomed from a young age.