ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sounds like NC State is in big trouble with the feds and NCAA.

Sadly, I disagree. I honestly feel this is either going to (a) fade away until no one cares or (b) is going to blow up in the FBI/US Attorneys' faces.

They appear to have been counting on several people to roll on others but it doesn't appear to be happening. They vastly underestimated the degree to which coaches have insulated themselves. A few more bit players may fall but I'm past the point of hoping/expecting anything substantive to happen.

I hope I'm dead arse wrong but seeing twits like this doesn't inspire confidence ...

.. I guess that means Larranaga's "innocent" now? SMDH

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Former Pitt signee Bryce Golden - 6'9, 3* PF has announced he won't be going to Pitt and has a Top 6 list of
Wichita St, UConn, G'town, Syracuse, Illinois, and Butler

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sadly, I disagree. I honestly feel this is either going to (a) fade away until no one cares or (b) is going to blow up in the FBI/US Attorneys' faces.

They appear to have been counting on several people to roll on others but it doesn't appear to be happening. They vastly underestimated the degree to which coaches have insulated themselves. A few more bit players may fall but I'm past the point of hoping/expecting anything substantive to happen.

I hope I'm dead arse wrong but seeing twits like this doesn't inspire confidence ...

.. I guess that means Larranaga's "innocent" now? SMDH

I wonder if some of the schools have a deal for the assistants: "Yo, so if you say you went Lone Wolf on this, we'll take care of your legal bills AND give you a nice payout. We got your back, AND you'll be rewarded handsomely...."

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I will be surprised if State gets anything more than a minor penalty. The assistant is gone who might have known about the money. Smith is gone. Gottfried is gone. State did not have a winning season, so there's not much to gain by slamming them.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Interesting analysis on the advantages and limitations of the one and done rosters.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...3175288/duke-kentucky-limits-one-done-rosters

Basically, having all that talent helps, but you need a little experience as well.
You clearly need more of something than Grayson Allen was able to provide. There's an article in today's N&O about the Duke freshmen leaving.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/duke-now/article209001909.html

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's a big blow to Wake. Will be interesting to Crawford stays in as well. They have a very good recruiting class coming in, but they are losing alot of people this offseason and Moore was probably the one they could least replace. Danny is going to be on a hot seat this season with that fan base, 3 losing seasons in 4 yrs.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't know the buyout but Manning is signed on through 2025. Going to be Hewittlike if he keeps having losing season after losing season.