ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Should not be too surprising but both Doral Moore and Bryant Crawford declared for the draft this weekend. Both are Jr, and neither will retain an agent so they could return to Wake.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Of course this is before early entries and the close of recruiting and any further jumps to the G-League...

Duke opens as Las Vegas favorite to win 2019 NCAA tournament
Duke 5-1
Villanova 8-1
Kansas 8-1
Kentucky 8-1
North Carolina 12-1
Michigan State 15-1
Gonzaga 15-1
Virginia 15-1.... probably should be 16-1, am I right @ilovetheoption?
Michigan 20-1
Oregon 20-1
West Virginia 30-1
UCLA 30-1
Auburn 30-1

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Of course this is before early entries and the close of recruiting and any further jumps to the G-League...

Duke opens as Las Vegas favorite to win 2019 NCAA tournament
Duke 5-1
Villanova 8-1
Kansas 8-1
Kentucky 8-1
North Carolina 12-1
Michigan State 15-1
Gonzaga 15-1
Virginia 15-1.... probably should be 16-1, am I right @ilovetheoption?
Michigan 20-1
Oregon 20-1
West Virginia 30-1
UCLA 30-1
Auburn 30-1
Michael-Bolton.gif

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Losing Spalding means 3 of L'ville's top 5 are gone with Adel still having to make a decision whether to stay in or pull out and no 2018 recruits (though they have Steve Enoch as a transfer from UConn).

Reed is a R-Jr as a transfer, have to wonder given his age if he will simply chose to play professionally elsewhere if the NBA doesn't put him too high.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
For giggles LiMelo Ball scored 72 points in a game right before declaring for the NBA Draft.
Two articles of note. The first is Dennis Rodman saying he has no chance to play in the NBA.
The second is an article on how LaVar staged the game so his 2 sons could score a ton of points.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...o-ball-has-a-10-percent-chance-of-making-nba/

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/27/...l-72-points-lavar-lithuania-nba-draft-declare

I like how the game was against a Chinese basketball team. Getting revenge for that arrest I guess.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Robinson has been listed as a late 1st rounder in recent mocks so I suspect he will stay in. He is also a JR.
Haven't seen Bowman listed.

Would be a huge blow if both left. Even Robinson leaving would be a significant shot.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like how the game was against a Chinese basketball team. Getting revenge for that arrest I guess.

Some of the pictures from the second article are ridiculous.
The one where you can tell the players is really young - looks about 12.
The one where only the 3 non-Ball's are going back on defense while the 2 Ball's just stay at the other end of the court.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Both UConn and Villanova have reached out to potential Pitt transfer Marcus Carr according to Adam Zagoria.
if Nova offered a spot I have to think he would jump at it.

most still think Parker Stewart will end up with his former AAU coach (and teammates) at Memphis.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting to see how Villanova's roster turns over this offseason. There's some smoke behind a potential Quade Green transfer from UK, with 'Nova a possible destination.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here is what I have in terms of potential early departures so far for ACC schools. Feel free to add if i forgot someone or correct any mistakes.

BC - Jerome Robinson (Jr), Ky Bowman (So) - both have declared for the draft without agents. There seems to be alot of smoke on the BC board that Robinson may be gone for good, less sure about Bowman.

Clemson - Marquis Reed (R-Jr) and Shelton Mitchell (R-Jr) both declared for the draft without agents. there is some talk that Mitchell may be similar to Ra'sean Dickey that his knees may only hold up for so long so may want to get on with it while he can. Both will earn their degrees this spring. Scott Spencer announced he was transferring.

Duke - Marvin Bagley (FR) and Trevon Duval (FR) have both declared for the draft and will retain agents. Wendell Carter is expected to join them. Gary Trent Jr will likely join them but is slightly less certain than Carter.

FSU - Looks like no early departures. CJ Walker is transferring out.

GT - Okogie (So) has his name in the draft without an agent. Justin Moore is transferring to the West Coast.

L'ville - Ray Spalding (Jr) is leaving with an agent. Deng Adel (Jr) is testing the waters.

Miami - Lonnie Walker (FR) is leaving with an agent. Bruce Brown (SO - 22 yrs old) and Dewan Huell (SO) are both declaring for the draft but haven't hired agents yet. Rumors are Brown is likely to stay in - partly due to age, Huell will see.

ND - no announcements yet. Probably none likely.

UNC - No announcements yet.

NC ST - Omar Yurtseven is declaring for the draft and won't be returning to NCST. Darius Hicks is going to transfer. Shaun Kirk is transferring.

Pitt - Have to see who remains. The 2 most likely transfers out are Parker Stewart - who might rejoin buddies at Memphis and Marcus Carr who has heard from Nova and UConn.

Syracuse -no announcements yet. Lost top 10 recruit Bazley to the G-league. Ty Battle (Jr) is expected to declare for the draft and sentiment is he will stay in if he does. Big wild card is Oshae Bissett (FR). Matthew Moyer (So) is transferring.

UVA - no announcements

VT - no announcements

Wake - Doral Moore (Jr) and Bryant Crawford (Jr) are both declaring without agent. Transfers include Donovan Mitchell, Richard Washington, Keyshawn Woods (who may simply go play professionally after graduating this spring), and Sam Japhet-Mathias who was kicked off the team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The one I’d add to that list is Jordan Chatman for BC. He is a RS Junior but he will also be 25 next month, he’s married etc. Could be ready to move on.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Interesting thread on the Syracuse site referencing the Duke fan site (?) saying Coach K told the incoming frshmen this was his last season