ACC Discussion 2021-22

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I've never done a full week at the ACCT but I bet it's a blast. I was at our comeback against Clemson in 2016 screaming my head off. That was a fun team w/ MGH and Adam Smith/Nick Jacobs transferring in. Q as well. Unfortunately that evening is most memorable because my grandmother passed towards the end of the game and I returned the call from my parents walking down the steps at the Verizon Center.

I'm going to try to go to Greensboro next year.

Last edited:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FSU has lost 2 players to season ending injuries and a third is out indefinitely. Our loss was definitely the start, but then the injuries started to pile up.

Also Wake, despite already having 20 wins, is the team most likely to be the empty calorie team that is left out. They currently don't have any wins against a definite NCAA team and have the 3rd worst OOC SOS in the country at 329 (when you play 9 Quad 4 and 5 Quad 3 teams that is what happens) which the committee loves to leave out unless you win a few against Tourney teams.
They likely need to win at least one of their next 2 games against Duke or ND to get a bid. Currently their best wins are a road win at UVA and a home win over UNC.

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
I get what you're saying (I think) and I'm all for crappin' on K. I just wish it were a less dangerous foul to take that stance on. Like, this foul was a 100 on a scale of 1 to 10. Had it been like an 8 ... ah, I would've played around with making a point to Duke.

And, to @Connell62 point, I have no idea why or how this wasn't an all out brawl. Sorry that guy deserved it. I'm ok with truckin' a guy. Even that's across a line. But doing it to a guy in the air is beyond, beyond.

For anyone that didn't see it ..

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That won't be the last time Duke will see high screens by the opposition. It broke down their defense the entire game. Lots of no calls by the refs tonight that looked like fouls.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Refs were consistent on that both ways. Duke didn’t adjust to the high screen. Could have gone zone or jumped the guard. UNC played stronger and better than I have seen them play

Funniest thing to me was TX vs KS going into overtime so no coverage of pregame gradu.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Refs were consistent on that both ways. Duke didn’t adjust to the high screen. Could have gone zone or jumped the guard. UNC played stronger and better than I have seen them play

Funniest thing to me was TX vs KS going into overtime so no coverage of pregame gradu.
Coach K has never liked zone defenses but he was beat all night with those screens and didn't adjust. He may feel like he had not practiced it enough. That is the best I have seen UNC play all year. Bacot was really good in that game. ACC player of the year?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NC ST fans are not happy right now. They currently have 3 players that have hit the portal
Sr. G Thomas Allen
So G Cam Hayes
So C/F Jaylin Gibson

There are rumors more are likely.
But what has them most upset is this article

Due to the outcome of the NCAA investigation of the program for the Dennis Smith violations
Probation, loss of 1 scholarship for the upcoming season and recruiting restrictions for this past season Keatts has the right to extend his contract for 2 years.

WRAL obtained a copy of Keatts’ contract through a public records request on Thursday. The deal was amended last summer but those details were not previously made public.
According to the most recent contract, Keatts has the ability to elect to “be extended by NC State in an amount equal to the length of the penalties” imposed by the NCAA “up to a maximum extension of two years.”
The outlined penalties were if the NCAA “reduces the amount of scholarships that may be awarded by the team,” “restricts the team’s ability to recruit student athletes” or “precludes the Men’s Basketball Team from participation in post-season competition.”

If he chooses to exercise that clause his contract would be extended to 2028.
His buyout is $1.35M for each year remaining on the contract.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Keatts will be lucky to get more than next year. NCSU fans are not happy campers and they are still living with Valvano memories.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Keatts will be lucky to get more than next year. NCSU fans are not happy campers and they are still living with Valvano memories.
The issue is the buyout. Assuming KK has any brain at all and exercises the clause in the contract his buyout would be $8.1M this year and $6.75M after next season. From seeing some of the comments on their board it feels like most of their fans don't think they have enough money to fire him for at least 2 more years.

This is the reason Capel still has a job at Pitt. Rumor is his buyout is still >$10M there.