ACC Discussion 2021-22

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Loosely ACC-related, but did anyone catch Penny Hardaway's postgame meltdown?

Honeymoon could be coming to an end for the Tigers.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Loosely ACC-related, but did anyone catch Penny Hardaway's postgame meltdown?

Honeymoon could be coming to an end for the Tigers.
His two freshman stars are not playing as expected and, as Penny so graciously stated, the Tigers have had injuries. Clearly though, Memphis is not the team everyone thought they would be before the season began.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
His two freshman stars are not playing as expected and, as Penny so graciously stated, the Tigers have had injuries. Clearly though, Memphis is not the team everyone thought they would be before the season began.
Not enough talent with 2 #1 classes to beat ECU and SMU I guess though.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The weather guy on our local TV station said today's forecast is perfect for watching ACC basketball guilt free. In Oriental it's snowing and 30 degrees, but just offshore near Nags Head the wind is honking at 40 knots and seas are building to 12 feet. A lot of fishermen will be watch the NC State - UNC game while sipping the local distillation.

ACC games of interest

Noon - Miami (-3.0) @ GT *** Miami has lost 2x to FSU in the past two weeks ***
2 PM - NC State @ UNC (-7.5) *** This is a big rivalry game for NC State ***

Others of interest

2 PM - Oklahoma @ #1 Auburn (-9.5) *** The Auburn arena has been packed recently ***
4 PM - #4 Baylor (-3.0) @ Alabama *** Bama has lost 4x in last 6 games and need a win ***
6 PM - #12 Kentucky @ #5 Kansas (-5.0) *** Game of the day ***
8 PM - #18 Tennessee @ Texas (-3.5) *** Unranked Texas favored @ home!!! ***

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The weather guy on our local TV station said today's forecast is perfect for watching ACC basketball guilt free. In Oriental it's snowing and 30 degrees, but just offshore near Nags Head the wind is honking at 40 knots and seas are building to 12 feet. A lot of fishermen will be watch the NC State - UNC game while sipping the local distillation.

ACC games of interest

Noon - Miami (-3.0) @ GT *** Miami has lost 2x to FSU in the past two weeks ***
2 PM - NC State @ UNC (-7.5) *** This is a big rivalry game for NC State ***

Others of interest

2 PM - Oklahoma @ #1 Auburn (-9.5) *** The Auburn arena has been packed recently ***
4 PM - #4 Baylor (-3.0) @ Alabama *** Bama has lost 4x in last 6 games and need a win ***
6 PM - #12 Kentucky @ #5 Kansas (-5.0) *** Game of the day ***
8 PM - #18 Tennessee @ Texas (-3.5) *** Unranked Texas favored @ home!!! ***
I once helped move a sailboat for a new owner. In the gulf in March with 12 foot seas. 40+ hours of sea sickness.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
These are the games I watched (all or part of) yesterday:

Miami (-3.0) @ GT: We cannot win playing small if Devoe is not his normal self. Down 6 with less than 4 minutes left, we did not get it done.
2 PM - NC State @ UNC (-7.5): The 20 point blowout was not that close. How can NC State play so badly?

2 PM - Oklahoma @ #1 Auburn (-9.5): Oklahoma closed to within 4, but Auburn is really good. Another packed house in Auburn. The Tigers covered.
4 PM - #4 Baylor (-3.0) @ Alabama: Is Baylor overrated or is Bama just a strange team that can lose to last place uga and beat the #4 team?
6 PM - #12 Kentucky @ #5 Kansas (-5.0): This was a royal butt kicking over the #5 team. UK by 18.
8 PM - #18 Tennessee @ Texas (-3.5): Tennessee had their chance and failed. UT at home by one.

Thoughts:

We are not playing badly, but not good enough.
How does the state of Alabama have two teams this good?
Kentucky can be VERY good.
What's with UNC. They lose to Miami by 28 and Wake by 22, then completely destroy State.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It was streamed on ESPN, so I was able multitask beginning at noon.
YouTube TV was supposed to carry it but did not at game time for some reason. This started happening during football season on random games and has continued during basketball season.

Unless we play Georgia in which case I can watch on 3 different channels ☹️

slugboy

Staff member
These are the games I watched (all or part of) yesterday:

Miami (-3.0) @ GT: We cannot win playing small if Devoe is not his normal self. Down 6 with less than 4 minutes left, we did not get it done.
2 PM - NC State @ UNC (-7.5): The 20 point blowout was not that close. How can NC State play so badly?

2 PM - Oklahoma @ #1 Auburn (-9.5): Oklahoma closed to within 4, but Auburn is really good. Another packed house in Auburn. The Tigers covered.
4 PM - #4 Baylor (-3.0) @ Alabama: Is Baylor overrated or is Bama just a strange team that can lose to last place uga and beat the #4 team?
6 PM - #12 Kentucky @ #5 Kansas (-5.0): This was a royal butt kicking over the #5 team. UK by 18.
8 PM - #18 Tennessee @ Texas (-3.5): Tennessee had their chance and failed. UT at home by one.

Thoughts:

We are not playing badly, but not good enough.
How does the state of Alabama have two teams this good?
Kentucky can be VERY good.
What's with UNC. They lose to Miami by 28 and Wake by 22, then completely destroy State.
The thing about counting on a player to carry your team is that they’ll have down games. My bigger concern is that not enough players are picking up the slack.
We had three players in double digits, including Devoe. While Miami only had three also, more balanced scoring would help a ton.
Free throws were brutal though. Rebounds didn’t help.
464FEC0A-E370-49F9-A08B-E2F3DBB7215F.jpeg

E4E40C84-4311-40FB-8EE0-D26867D12207.jpeg
28A4A942-5217-4699-9D00-F87DCAE7553C.jpeg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anybody see that Clemson player foul that Duke kid?

Absolute worst, dirtiest foul I've ever seen and that may be an understatement.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody see that Clemson player foul that Duke kid?

Absolute worst, dirtiest foul I've ever seen and that may be an understatement.
It was bush league for sure. One of the dumbest things I’ve seen in a while.

This dude deserves an indefinite suspension of at least 4 hours. Don’t call it karma; call it a precedent.