ACC Discussion 2019

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I know every team has stupid plays and stupid penalties. Some stupid plays and stupid penalties singularly cost games. Miami had five of those. If any one of those inexplicable plays had gone Miami’s way, we would have lost.
Not buying it. Miami getting a first down in OT, down 7, does not mean we would have lost. Also gave an example of us taking points off the board. Not as lopsided as you're presenting it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not buying it. Miami getting a first down in OT, down 7, does not mean we would have lost. Also gave an example of us taking points off the board. Not as lopsided as you're presenting it.
OK scratch that one play, so it is four times Miami should’ve beat us in regulation.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
lol you’re hilarious. We outplayed Miami. Simple as that. You said 4 for Miami.

We had a phantom false start to wipe away a 52yd FG
A Mason fumble in plus territory

a Jamious TD run called back
You are hilarious. If we did what Miami did everybody’d be screaming we gave the game away and you know it.

It’s all good, I’ll take any win we can get anyway we can get it at this point.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I mean, you could pick a lot of games in 09 or 14 where if the other team just wouldn’t have missed fgs or turned it over or failed to get first downs they win, so they gave those games to us too.
Or just last year, if Miami or uva don’t muff punts we don’t win those games either

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I mean, you could pick a lot of games in 09 or 14 where if the other team just wouldn’t have missed fgs or turned it over or failed to get first downs they win, so they gave those games to us too.
Or just last year, if Miami or uva don’t muff punts we don’t win those games either

exactly. I was there last year and watched in person as we were clearly the inferior team to both Miami and UVA and pulled it out. We were Damn lucky to go bowling last year.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Watching Pitt versus Miami. The biggest difference I see between either team and us are dominating defensive lineman. We just ain’t got ‘em.

Yeah, I know we beat Miami. Three missed chippies, a dropped gimme pic in the fourth quarter and a wide receiver that ran behind the sticks after catching a first down in overtime. Five inexplicable game changing plays that went our way.
By the same token, we had mistakes as well. That’s just football. We could pick apart games like that and show how each team “should” have won. Like a over 70 yard drive and a fumble given to Miami, or a hold
By Miami in open field not called and they score a TD. A pooch kick not far enough to give them great field position and ability to flip the field.False start on a made field goal. Illegal procedure on a punt that would have been roughing the punter.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Why must this stupid argument be brought up again??? This is how that old endless debate starts. Who was talking about 09 or 14. Let's talk about this season.

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan
Well done, sir. Posted on Tuesday and the Sooners lose to K-State on Saturday. Do you have a 1-800 number I can call for a lead pipe lock this coming weekend?

Hah, you don’t want that. My 4 “locks” I put actual money on this weekend went 1 - 3.

My top 4 stays the same but I would have no problem moving Ohio State up to the 2 or 3 position.