ACC Discussion 2019

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
We hit for the cycle on Saturday!

@awaytoworthy: IT'S REAL AND IT'S SPECTACULAR!!!!

ACC Coastal “circle of suck” completed on October 19th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just that but the "circle of suck" was almost completed entirely by visiting teams (with the exception of VPI and UM).

UM beat UVA @ home
UVA beat Pitt @ Pitt
Pitt beat Duke @ Duke
Duke beat VPI @ VPI
VPI beat UNC @ home
UNC beat GT @ GT
and last but certainly not least!!!!
GT BEAT UM @ UM

I was watching the Packer and Durham show yesterday and there were a lot if interesting facts about the craziness of the ACC but 2 stuck out to me:
1. In the last 3 weeks of conference games the Home teams are only 8 - 8 (I think it was something like 15-14 for the season too) so there is basically no home field advantage.
2. Out of 129 P5 conference games played this year there were 18 games decided by 3 points or less and the ACC accounts for 8 of them !!!! The next highest is PAC 12 with 4 and the SEC only has 1 (a magnificent 1 I might add). To top it of the ACC has also had 15 conference games (out of 29) decided by 7 points or less!!!

The parity in the ACC (outside of Clemson) is just insane. Packer actually went back 3 years and the numbers to this point in the season were a little less but still way more than any other conference. Just goes to show how top heavy a lot of the other conferences **cough**cough** sec **cough** are!

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
Not just that but the "circle of suck" was almost completed entirely by visiting teams (with the exception of VPI and UM).

UM beat UVA @ home
UVA beat Pitt @ Pitt
Pitt beat Duke @ Duke
Duke beat VPI @ VPI
VPI beat UNC @ home
UNC beat GT @ GT
and last but certainly not least!!!!
GT BEAT UM @ UM

I was watching the Packer and Durham show yesterday and there were a lot if interesting facts about the craziness of the ACC but 2 stuck out to me:
1. In the last 3 weeks of conference games the Home teams are only 8 - 8 (I think it was something like 15-14 for the season too) so there is basically no home field advantage.
2. Out of 129 P5 conference games played this year there were 18 games decided by 3 points or less and the ACC accounts for 8 of them !!!! The next highest is PAC 12 with 4 and the SEC only has 1 (a magnificent 1 I might add). To top it of the ACC has also had 15 conference games (out of 29) decided by 7 points or less!!!

The parity in the ACC (outside of Clemson) is just insane. Packer actually went back 3 years and the numbers to this point in the season were a little less but still way more than any other conference. Just goes to show how top heavy a lot of the other conferences **cough**cough** sec **cough** are!
But, week in and week out in the sec :rolleyes:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Any interesting ACC matchups yall are looking forward to today? I’m gonna be scouting Pitt vs. DuhU at 12pm

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Watching Pitt versus Miami. The biggest difference I see between either team and us are dominating defensive lineman. We just ain’t got ‘em.

Yeah, I know we beat Miami. Three missed chippies, a dropped gimme pic in the fourth quarter and a wide receiver that ran behind the sticks after catching a first down in overtime. Five inexplicable game changing plays that went our way.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Watching Pitt versus Miami. The biggest difference I see between either team and us are dominating defensive lineman. We just ain’t got ‘em.

Yeah, I know we beat Miami. Three missed chippies, a dropped gimme pic in the fourth quarter and a wide receiver that ran behind the sticks after catching a first down in overtime. Five inexplicable game changing plays that went our way.
GT will trip up Pitt next Saturday:cigar:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Things even out. False start before making a FG. Illegal formation negating the roughing the punter. Graham not taking the first down on the first drive of the day. I'd call those inexplicable.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You think all the breaks went our way? What would you call a false start before making a FG? Or the illegal formation negating the roughing the punter? Or Graham not taking the first down on the first drive of the day? I'd call those inexplicable.
I know every team has stupid plays and stupid penalties. Some stupid plays and stupid penalties singularly cost games. Miami had five of those. If any one of those inexplicable plays had gone Miami’s way, we would have lost.

Last edited: