ACC Discussion 2019

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Miami opens the year with Temple next year. Wonder if Temple can get revenge on both of their former coaches in back to back years lol. Although, the best thing to happen to Temple is probably Mark Richt retiring. Not only did it save them from the dumpster fire that Manny Diaz looks like he will be, but they made a nice profit on it.

Deleted member 2897

I can’t imagine having having 50 4-star+ athletes on your team but not being able to beat teams like FIU and Georgia Tech. Although when I think about how awful their fans are as human beings, it’s nice that they get what they deserve.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I can’t imagine having having 50 4-star+ athletes on your team but not being able to beat teams like FIU and Georgia Tech. Although when I think about how awful their fans are as human beings, it’s nice that they get what they deserve.

I still just want to know if Manni wore his sexy receiver gloves.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This speaks volumes about recruiting vs coaching. You really need both to be good. But we’ve seen first hand you can win with superior coaching coupled with below par recruiting if the talent you do have is strategically placed.

We’re about to find out if we can be successful with the exact opposite. Miami can’t do it, neither can FSU.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This speaks volumes about recruiting vs coaching. You really need both to be good. But we’ve seen first hand you can win with superior coaching coupled with below par recruiting if the talent you do have is strategically placed.

We’re about to find out if we can be successful with the exact opposite. Miami can’t do it, neither can FSU.
I actually like the progress we have made this season. There has been a lot of discussion about Collins v. Johnson, but I think it's misplaced. We did not have enough big OL and DL for either coach to succeed this season. That has been clear from the start. Things might have been better on the OL had Braun stayed, but I think he was leaving no matter. He wanted to showcase himself for the NFL and doing it at GT was out of the question. Then we had all those injuries and suddenly we are playing walk-ons. I do not think Johnson would have fared any better. Maybe, since he had recruited most of the OL, we might have been slightly better running the ball in the TO.

As for Miami, I think their fanbase has got to adjust to the fact that life has passed them by and the U is no longer the home for strutting and trash talking it used to be. Clemson and uGA and Bama are getting everyone they want. Bama has 13 guys on their roster from Florida. Most of them from South Florida.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually like the progress we have made this season. There has been a lot of discussion about Collins v. Johnson, but I think it's misplaced. We did not have enough big OL and DL for either coach to succeed this season. That has been clear from the start. Things might have been better on the OL had Braun stayed, but I think he was leaving no matter. He wanted to showcase himself for the NFL and doing it at GT was out of the question. Then we had all those injuries and suddenly we are playing walk-ons. I do not think Johnson would have fared any better. Maybe, since he had recruited most of the OL, we might have been slightly better running the ball in the TO.

As for Miami, I think their fanbase has got to adjust to the fact that life has passed them by and the U is no longer the home for strutting and trash talking it used to be. Clemson and uGA and Bama are getting everyone they want. Bama has 13 guys on their roster from Florida. Most of them from South Florida.

The “showcase” yourself for the NFL reason for Braun’s departure always seemed weird. Shaq Mason has done excellent in the NFL and while he was taken late probably due the offense, he surely demonstrated that taking an OL from an option school wasn’t as big of a leap as some imagined. Though the counter point to that was how extraordinary Shaq is...I’ll never forget his last game against UGA, he was absolutely mauling people and Georgia had no answer for our ground game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bud Foster is going out on a roll. Nine consecutive scoreless quarters.

The VT game @ UVa is going to be the one ACC game I want to see next weekend (actually 12 on Friday). And Saturday, what are the chances USCe could beat UGAg and Clemson this year?

Can UVa win for the first time in 16 years? A month ago I thought it was a no-brainer yes. But VT is really on a roll. That 1 point loss at ND was a very impressive loss. I think VT is actually the better team overall and would give Clemson more of a problem (20 point vice 30 point loser). But given the streak and how things don't make sense in CFB, @UVa wins.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Manny Diaz is a dead man walking since Miami lost 30-24 to Florida Atlantic

Ya'll need to up your game on this site. I went on Canes Insight after church today, (Lord forgive me) and I was laughing so hard my wife thought I was about to have a heart attack. One guy photoshopped a picture of Al Golden's photo with that silly white shirt he wore with the orange tie with a picture of Manny's face superimposed on it. More than one of them claimed that they thought losing to Tech was the low point in the program's history and nope it was topped the same year by losing to a program that get scraps left over from scraps left over from Miami's scraps. They complained endlessly about Butch having his players apparently faking injuries to save timeouts. He pulled out all the stops to win FIU's first victory over a power 5 program.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ya'll need to up your game on this site. I went on Canes Insight after church today, (Lord forgive me) and I was laughing so hard my wife thought I was about to have a heart attack. One guy photoshopped a picture of Al Golden's photo with that silly white shirt he wore with the orange tie with a picture of Manny's face superimposed on it. More than one of them claimed that they thought losing to Tech was the low point in the program's history and nope it was topped the same year by losing to a program that get scraps left over from scraps left over from Miami's scraps. They complained endlessly about Butch having his players apparently faking injuries to save timeouts. He pulled out all the stops to win FIU's first victory over a power 5 program.

Agree our melt game is lacking.

On a semi-related note, how overrated is that Tate Martell dude?