ACC Discussion 2019

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
big oof for ACC perception. BC gets obliterated by Kansas as a 21 point favorite at home. and BC already beat VT this season too

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They just talked about it during the Houston-WSU game. Basically, the refs made the right call because the WF guy held him up and forced him backwards. The clock doesn't stop, even if he steps out, because he was forced out by the defender.

But it was a first down. Clock should have stopped when the whistle blew for forward progress. Doubtful UNC could have gotten a play off after the reset but still a bad call, just ended up with the same result.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
But it was a first down. Clock should have stopped when the whistle blew for forward progress. Doubtful UNC could have gotten a play off after the reset but still a bad call, just ended up with the same result.
They explained the rule again during halftime of the WSU-Houston game and the refs made the correct call according to the language of the rule.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That decision by WF to not kick the FG late in first half could have cost them that game. Should have taken the points to go up 24-0 . This was an out of conference game because both schools wanted to continue the rivalry. It can only affect W/L record for bowls. Clausen is obviously a good coach and I will be surprised if he stays there much longer. Sure wish we had his QB.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That decision by WF to not kick the FG late in first half could have cost them that game. Should have taken the points to go up 24-0 . This was an out of conference game because both schools wanted to continue the rivalry. It can only affect W/L record for bowls. Clausen is obviously a good coach and I will be surprised if he stays there much longer. Sure wish we had his QB.

Exactly. The game has no effect on conference races or tie breakers. From an ACC standoint its like they played a team from outside the conference. I actually like the thought process for the schools if they want to continue playing a rival but don't have an actual conference game scheduled.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
That decision by WF to not kick the FG late in first half could have cost them that game. Should have taken the points to go up 24-0 . .
Thought the same. It would have been almost impossible for UNC to get our scores.
Was it me, or did it seem impossible for teams to get 3rd and short from the gun?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Narduzzi adding to the ACC coaching clinic today.

Situation:
  • Pitt ball, down 7
  • 5 minutes to go
  • 4th and goal from the Penn State 1
Decision
  • Field goal attempt

Result is not the point, but if you're wondering the kicker missed it.