A look at Joey Bart

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Tried to find a way, but couldn't do it.

I'd take a look at the start of next year's schedule, if you haven't already. From looking at minor league stats, it seems like when a team moves a player up to the next level late in the year, they start the next year at that level. Although it all depends on the Giants needs, so it depends on how comfortable they are with what they have at the higher levels.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd take a look at the start of next year's schedule, if you haven't already. From looking at minor league stats, it seems like when a team moves a player up to the next level late in the year, they start the next year at that level. Although it all depends on the Giants needs, so it depends on how comfortable they are with what they have at the higher levels.
That's something I'll do .. for sure.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
MLB.com's most recent analysis of the player not going anywhere (i.e. off limits to other teams) this offseason for each team:

Giants -- Joey Bart, C, age 22: The perfect handoff for Buster Posey, he looks to be the face of the franchise for the next decade the way Posey was for the last one.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Great legacy of catchers @ GT starting with varitec and extending to wieters & Bart. McCann just a level below in my opinion. Who am I forgetting?

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Great legacy of catchers @ GT starting with varitec and extending to wieters & Bart. McCann just a level below in my opinion. Who am I forgetting?

Nickeas played professionally for a while. Solid defensive catcher, not much on offense in MLB.

Prince and Evans were solid college catchers that never made it to the majors but played minor league ball I believe.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Mike Nickeas played for 4 years in the MLB 2010-2013. He banged around for a while before that. May have been our only player ever from British Columbia.

You missed Joe Palmisano (1931) and Bob Tillman (1962-70). Shame. But you have 97 days till opening day to work it off.

(I may have cheated by using attached listing of GT players in the MLB.)

Attachments

• GT Players in MLB.pdf
    48.1 KB · Views: 6

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Mike Nickeas played for 4 years in the MLB 2010-2013. He banged around for a while before that. May have been our only player ever from British Columbia.

You missed Joe Palmisano (1931) and Bob Tillman (1962-70). Shame. But you have 97 days till opening day to work it off.

(I may have cheated by using attached listing of GT players in the MLB.)
Bob tilllman, the guy who caught for the Braves in the early 70s? Never realized he was a tech man.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bob tilllman, the guy who caught for the Braves in the early 70s? Never realized he was a tech man.

Apparently, although he may not have played baseball for GT?! No GT stats. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=18912

But he apparently did go to MTSU as well as GT. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Tillman Looks like he was signed as undrafted amateur free agent in 1958 by the Boston Red Sox. Shows up in the MLB 4 years later. "Tillman was also involved in a notable trade after the 1967 season when he was shipped from the Yankees to the Braves for third baseman Bobby Cox. Cox would eventually begin his Baseball Hall of Fame managing career in the New York farm system." And of course manage the Braves.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Wouldn't it be nice to see the Braves trade one of their pitching prospects for him?
The Braves drafted Shea Langeliers this past June. Bart is ranked slightly higher (#2 catcher prospect v #5 catcher prospect), but they are close enough to preclude the Braves from even trying to go down that path.