FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Jim Bowden's top 50 prospects for 2020.

19. Joey Bart, C, San Francisco Giants

Scouting Grades:
ARM: 60 FLD: 55 HIT: 50 PWR: 60 RUN: 35

2019 Stats (A+/AA):
Slash: .278/.328/.495 2B: 14 HR: 16 RBI: 48 SB: 5

Bart has developed into an above-average defensive catcher with an arm that can shut down the running game. His prodigious power is the best part of his offensive game. He has above-average strength in his hands, wrists, forearms and core, which should result in 25-30 home runs. The hit tool improved a lot last year, and he should be ready for the major leagues by September at the latest.

https://theathletic.com/1523975/202...p-50-prospects-for-2020?source=shared-article

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Really excited for Bart. Could this be it for Posey in SFG? Could be a great get for the Bravos, I think he would be an upgrade over D'Arnaud, and he is a Georgia boy too.
I really liked the D'Arnaud signing, but I think he is a great as a paired catcher. I would definitely like to see a Posey and D'Arnaud tandem next year, but we also have Langeliers, Jackson, and Contreras in the system.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It appears Bart is best catcher the Giants could put out there.... based on performance. Unfortunately... the "business" of baseball will keep him away for at least the first part of the season.

If he's called up after a week... it'll be pretty obvious what the deal is.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
It appears Bart is best catcher the Giants could put out there.... based on performance. Unfortunately... the "business" of baseball will keep him away for at least the first part of the season.

If he's called up after a week... it'll be pretty obvious what the deal is.

It's sad to see teams taking advantage of this loophole this year, if that's what they are actually doing. 6 games is 10% of a 60 game season. For any team that's trying to win this year, that's pretty significant if the player you're leaving off your roster has a chance to help you win this year. And with 8 teams making the playoffs in each league this year, you have to be pretty confident that your're going to make it anyway, or have no chance to make it to make a decision like that. I wouldn't want to be a part of an organization that believes the latter, and I just want to see him play!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Ah man! He‘ll get one of those up and out eventually. Joey is a great dude. He is also the rare breed of having boat loads of natural ability, and working his *** off. He’s the poster boy for “quiet confidence.” He’s not cocky, but he’s got an aura about him that makes him stand out. Another great ambassador for GT baseball and the Institute in general. He’s this generation’s Varitek/Teixeira