A look at Joey Bart

Deleted member 2897

I read recently that now 4 of 5 Georgia Tech grads are millionaires. I guess every time the stock market goes up 1,000 points the percentage increases. Anyway, now that number is 4.001 out of 5.

Deleted member 2897

What a painful place to get drafted. With federal, state, and local taxes, he’ll be paying around 55% in income taxes. $7 million will send $3.7 million to the government before he sees it. Getting drafted in Texas or Florida would have saved him $1 million per year in take home pay.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
What a painful place to get drafted. With federal, state, and local taxes, he’ll be paying around 55% in income taxes. $7 million will send $3.7 million to the government before he sees it. Getting drafted in Texas or Florida would have saved him $1 million per year in take home pay.

oh don't forget about his agent's cut (10%) but all in all 3.5mm or so net ain't too bad a foundation for he and his family for a very, very long time to come :) that's generational money

Deleted member 2897

oh don't forget about his agent's cut (10%) but all in all 3.5mm or so net ain't too bad a foundation for he and his family for a very, very long time to come :) that's generational money

Yikes, forgot about that.

45% of $7 million is $3.15 million. 10% to his agent takes that down to $2.45 million. 7 to 2.45, ugly.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Yikes, forgot about that.

45% of $7 million is $3.15 million. 10% to his agent takes that down to $2.45 million. 7 to 2.45, ugly.

Slot money is 7.5mm not 7mm, agent money comes off the top 750K though taxes will on the gross number. I think his taxation will be factored on his state of legal residence not where his employer is located so his initial tax bill may not be as severe. Still he will see a very large chunk of cash!

Deleted member 2897

Man. I read an article yesterday that a guy who has bright prospects as a pitcher in the draft (97mph fastball) was convicted as a sex offender when he was 15 years old for molesting a 6 year old girl on multiple occasions. And then today I just read an article about a guy the Rockies drafted who publicly tweeted about hoping for Obama to be assassinated the day of his re-election. With all the talent out there available, why would you ever take a chance of people with character like these? I wonder if things like this positively impact folks like Joey Bart. Not only is he an elite player, but you know the odds are extremely high you're getting a person of integrity when they come out of Georgia Tech.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Man. I read an article yesterday that a guy who has bright prospects as a pitcher in the draft (97mph fastball) was convicted as a sex offender when he was 15 years old for molesting a 6 year old girl on multiple occasions. And then today I just read an article about a guy the Rockies drafted who publicly tweeted about hoping for Obama to be assassinated the day of his re-election. With all the talent out there available, why would you ever take a chance of people with character like these? I wonder if things like this positively impact folks like Joey Bart. Not only is he an elite player, but you know the odds are extremely high you're getting a person of integrity when they come out of Georgia Tech.
I mean I also think GT mainly gets/produces high character guy.

But... It's not all roses.

800px-Javaris_Crittenton_portrait.jpg
[/spoiler[