3 dismissed, 1 suspended

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
If you are a little bit emotional right now, you are probably not thinking with a very clear head. Before you start slinging mud and blaming people other than the players affected, I'd suggest you take the night off and come back in the morning.

Also, great point made by @Whiskey_Clear, this is not the right place to debate marijuana use and/or legalization.

Personally, I much preferred the discussion regarding how this may impact our season coming up as well as our current recruiting for 2015.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Being a tech fan just sucks sometimes.

Anytime you feel things are about to be going good, just wait a sec, a gigantic kick in the nuts is coming.

I personally couldn't care less if our kids smoke pot, but if it's true that they failed three times, that's pathetic on their parts.

Autry and commissiong would def have contributed this year and the future, so I just don't even know what to say.

Typical. That is all.

Last edited:

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Being a tech fan just sucks sometimes.

Anytime you feel things are about to be going good, just wait a sec, a gigantic kick in the nuts is coming.

I personally couldn't care less if our kids smoke pot, but if it's true that they failed three times, that's pathetic on their parts.

Autry and commissiong would def have contributed this year and the future, so I just don't even know what to say.

Typical. That is all.

Yep it's rough, but when we put it all together it's about as sweet as it gets. Hopefully we can keep the rest of the players together and pull off a great season.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
This off season has been so much worse than everyone thinks. We've lost a lot of people that were either starters or on the two deep. Luckily this year is an easy schedule, but we have not recruited to anticipate this kind of attrition.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Just spoke to Lynn's dad and he has stated that the team has rallied around Lynn because of how this thing happened and also stated that people are jumping to conclusion about issues with a couple of others. Who has had issues in the past but, this is sort of different. I asked to speak with Lynn to encourage him. When Mr. Griffin connected me on a 3 way call, Lynn immediately broke down in tears. It took 5 minutes to calm him down. He shared what happened and I was ready to set some things in order because the situation will make some of you to take a step back. Lynn responded no. Everything happens for a reason and I need to make better decisions on who I associate with. He went on to say that he received calls from James and Jeremiah who shared something's that they experienced. They told him that they will be checking on him more often. A former GT DB called him and told him that it is not over and to get up and move on learn from this. play. Everyone who spoke with him was in shock but they know this kids heart. Before hanging up, I told him that I was proud of him for not blaming anyone. His dad then cracked a couple of jokes and Lynn started laughing. His dad told him that he and his wife loves him and expect the best from him. He reiterated that we all make mistakes. This is your one to make.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is almost always more to the story than meets the eye. Thanks LL. I trust you. Thanks for caring for the young man and making a difference. With that now put to rest.....

We need people to step up. In terms of depth, the impact will probably be mild this season. However, these kinds of losses hurt more in ensuing seasons. Commissiong was probably the biggest immediate loss. Depth at his position is almost at emergency levels. Autry was coming off his second knee surgery. It is hard to really know how effective he was going to be anyway. I always liked his energy and his tough play, but lets face it. We need better at that position and he was likely to get swallowed up by the competition that now exists. I don't really know how Henry was progressing. We never saw him play so it is hard to miss him right now.

One thing is for sure, this puts a ton of emphasis on the size and quality of the incoming class. It can end up being a net positive, but only if we get the right kids with this haul. Also the quality of the 2014 class will be tested a little sooner as well.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe, just maybe... it's as simple as getting Glanton on in here and having him and Henderson make an immediate impact as freshmen. There, problem solved with gold colored sunglasses on :cool:

Animal02

Banned
Just spoke to Lynn's dad and he has stated that the team has rallied around Lynn because of how this thing happened and also stated that people are jumping to conclusion about issues with a couple of others. Who has had issues in the past but, this is sort of different. I asked to speak with Lynn to encourage him. When Mr. Griffin connected me on a 3 way call, Lynn immediately broke down in tears. It took 5 minutes to calm him down. He shared what happened and I was ready to set some things in order because the situation will make some of you to take a step back. Lynn responded no. Everything happens for a reason and I need to make better decisions on who I associate with. He went on to say that he received calls from James and Jeremiah who shared something's that they experienced. They told him that they will be checking on him more often. A former GT DB called him and told him that it is not over and to get up and move on learn from this. play. Everyone who spoke with him was in shock but they know this kids heart. Before hanging up, I told him that I was proud of him for not blaming anyone. His dad then cracked a couple of jokes and Lynn started laughing. His dad told him that he and his wife loves him and expect the best from him. He reiterated that we all make mistakes. This is your one to make.

I doubt I would make through Tech these days with the thing I did when I was there. I am glad we are not judged through life on the things we did at 18-22.

"We will just have to move some guys around. Make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t!"

That is the right attitude and the one I expect from a school of engineers. :)

Totally agree, these hammerheads had done NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help Georgia Tech win games. Nada. A case could be made that their mere presence was a detriment to the team. They are now history, a minor footnote. Non-contributors, takers not givers. Bad teammates. Poster children for the selfish and the self-centered athletes that make bad decisions. They had so much in the palm of their hands, and what do they do? Throw it all away. At the very minimum they could have walked away with an excellent education, connected in the "Georgia Tech football player network" that still stretches from the 1950's to present day and opens doors that none of them can even imagine. Now we move on. We have suitable replacements that WANT TO PLAY, that WANT TO CONTRIBUTE, that WANT TO MATTER. These guys don't matter anymore.

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
Primarily based on Larramore's earlier statement that "Guys just encourage the young man. He has called everyone in tears but he accepts his punishment. I am disappointed but I think Lynn is beating himself up far more than we could." Maybe he is just upset he was "caught" but I hope this actually means the light has come on and he is repentant.
I certainly hope so. Because, as we have seen, the next step after suspension is to be kicked off the team. That is why I surmise that Lynn may have two strikes on him. I hope that whatever the problem may be, that he doesn't allow it to ruin what is the chance of a lifetime laying right before him, to get that GT degree.

I will be praying for all the young men. Apologies for my earlier comment which came out rather brusque.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know what our DL depth looks like at this point? It has to be getting extremely thin/young.

Our 2 Deep is: Gotsis (Jr), Green (RS Sr), Gamble (RS So), and Kallon (RS So). Commissiong was competing and likely would have played but had not yet beat-out Gamble and Kallon for the 2-deep. If Gotsis, Gramble and Kallon play-out their eligibility then we have some time to develop depth behind them, but we can't handle a couple injuries very easily.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
can't afford any injuries or someone like Gotsis to go pro.

This off-season has been unreal... even more pressure to succeed this year for CPJ. We have to get this thing turned around and soon.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
can't afford any injuries or someone like Gotsis to go pro.

This off-season has been unreal... even more pressure to succeed this year for CPJ. We have to get this thing turned around and soon.

Do you think any of our depth at OL will switch to DT this Fall camp? For example, if Errin Joe can't get into shape for OT, mightn't we use him to wear-out some centers trying to move him around?