3 dismissed, 1 suspended

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Darius Commissiong, Anthony Autry and Travin Henry gone.

Lynn Griffin suspended first two games.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Georgia Tech Announces Football Dismissals, Suspension

THE FLATS – Georgia Tech football student-athletes Anthony Autry, Darius Commissiong and Travin Henry have been dismissed from the program, while Lynn Griffin has been suspended for the first two games of the 2014 season, due to violations of the Athletic Association’s student-athlete code of conduct.

Autry, a redshirt sophomore from Roswell, missed last season with an injury after catching three passes for 117 yards in 2012. Commissiong is a redshirt freshman defensive lineman from Forestville, Md. Henry, a redshirt sophomore from Adel, came in as a wide receiver but had moved to defense in the spring. Griffin is a redshirt sophomore defensive back from Jacksonville, Fla. who played in all 12 games in 2013.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Henry not that big a deal in my opinion. Autry and Commissiong hurt. I feel bad for Myles though now that he won't be able to play with his brother, hopefully he still comes.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, can we get a list of players (still on the roster) who are suspended for the first two games? Dennis Andrews, Darren Waller, Lynn Griffin. Missing anyone?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
What they did isn't going to be public.

Doesn't change Myles. He's binded by a letter of intent.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Unbelievable.

I believe all three dismissed were already in trouble for a certain offense. Not to speculate, but it's probably for persistent infractions.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Until I hear what really happened it's hard to comment, although it isn't difficult to imagine what the issue was. The big-time football schools turn a blind eye to a lot of behavior that it seems we are suspending/kicking guys off the team for. It's a double edged sword but just goes to show that GT holds students, along with student-athletes, to a higher standard.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hate to be CPJ on the day when he has to make a case for not being required to have limited exceptions.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
darius commissiong is a big loss folks. Geez he was starting caliber DT for us in a year or 2.

I mean we are losing DTs like left and right.

what about the kids on this program right now don't get it? It seems like we have had too many.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It says dismissed from the team for violations of the GTAA S-A code of conduct. That doesn't say anything about being dismissed from GT. Have they been kicked out of school or just off the team? If it's just off the team, was the offense so egregious that there's no chance of reconciliation? I'd hate to see these guys get totally jacked if they could be rehabilitated.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
It says dismissed from the team for violations of the GTAA S-A code of conduct. That doesn't say anything about being dismissed from GT. Have they been kicked out of school or just off the team? If it's just off the team, was the offense so egregious that there's no chance of reconciliation? I'd hate to see these guys get totally jacked if they could be rehabilitated.

if you are dismissed from the program, you are no longer on scholarship and 99 out of 100 leave the school cuz can't afford it or want to play elsewhere. You can just bank on they are goners. this isn't you aren't on the football team, but you still have a scholarship so hang around cuz we may change our mind

this is you have been given chances before, we are fed up, get your arse out since you don't want to play by our rules. Period