Article 2024 Preseason / Fall Camp

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
So sick of seeing the other teams qb having a clean 5 second pocket with regular blocking and a 7 second one wiynth max protect.
I hope Hieght and Sylvain are violent on edge and our dt can get push to close off escape
This has to change for GT to have a winning record this year.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There is not a cornerback in the country that can cover a good wide receiver for 5 seconds. Having a pass rush will turn all of them into modern day **** "Night Train" Lanes. Kids ask your grand parents.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Brent Key was very high on the progress the team has made overall, especially the defense. Seemed to indicate the two were evenly matched, which might not have been the case last year.

Also very good there were very few injuries

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Malik Rutherford made a post saying “last fall camp with my brothers.” I guess he expects to go to the league after this year? At least I hope so anyway.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My prediction is not really a prediction, but a "hoped for" scenario.

We need to beat FSU. Or, at least make this a last possession game. Then clean up GSU, Cuse, and VMI. No let downs. 3-1 or 4-0 looks pretty good to me at this point.

UL will be the next really interesting game. It's on the road and their first real game. If we are going to be good, this game will be where we show it.

Then we have Duke at home after an off week. We need to take care of business. It starts to get really hard after this week.

Traveling to Chapel Hill is not as fearsome as it used to be because UNC doesn't seem to live up to preseason hype. Carolina could be undefeated when we play them because they don't play a single tough game prior to that weekend. I want us to be, at worst, 5-2 after this game.

The Irish are loaded according to what I have read, so the game at MBS will require an upset. I don't expect it to happen.

If we can split our last four games it will be a good season. at worst 7-5 and maybe 8-4. I don't hold out much hope for 9 wins. The last five games are a gauntlet.