Article 2024 Preseason / Fall Camp

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
King just talks like a QB1, Captain of the team. You can tell he's got a very high football IQ, listens to his coaches, he's a 'coach on the field'. Really high on what he brings to the team.

He's positive, but also honest and earnest. Which is a great leadership quality. I'm really encouraged to hear him say: "I feel like we have a great locker room, right now. And, you know, the defense right now is really really pushing the offense."

I've listened to a lot of media availabilities over the years. I feel like I can read between the lines a little. The players always talk up their teammates. They're always positive and hopeful for the season. But when they talk about the locker room or team chemistry. Especially when they say, unprompted, that they're being pushed by someone. There tends to be good things brewing.

That second 'really' with emphasis is making me imagine that Haynes is feeling the pressure from the D in scrimmage. Which, we all believe our offense and O-line are going to be really good. So, if the D is truly pushing them. I feel optimistic about what they're building.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That second 'really' with emphasis is making me imagine that Haynes is feeling the pressure from the D in scrimmage. Which, we all believe our offense and O-line are going to be really good. So, if the D is truly pushing them. I feel optimistic about what they're building.
Either that or we are over-confidant about our O line.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself…..

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Either that or we are over-confidant about our O line.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself…..
IMG_9931.gif

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
King just talks like a QB1, Captain of the team. You can tell he's got a very high football IQ, listens to his coaches, he's a 'coach on the field'. Really high on what he brings to the team.

He's positive, but also honest and earnest. Which is a great leadership quality. I'm really encouraged to hear him say: "I feel like we have a great locker room, right now. And, you know, the defense right now is really really pushing the offense."

I've listened to a lot of media availabilities over the years. I feel like I can read between the lines a little. The players always talk up their teammates. They're always positive and hopeful for the season. But when they talk about the locker room or team chemistry. Especially when they say, unprompted, that they're being pushed by someone. There tends to be good things brewing.

I agree with this post, especially the character and leadership qualities of Haynes. I had the chance to meet both Haynes and Coach Key last year in Tampa. Haynes seems to be a straight-up kid no prima donna and Coach Key (at least to me) is the epitome of a no BS football coach ... if these guys were in my locker room, I'd run through a brick wall for them ...