2024 non-GT games thread

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Klubnik looked good in spot duty but the shine has come off the more responsibility he's been given as 'the' guy.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
VPI not looking like much so far at Vandy. Down 7 with one quarter to go.

Also, either UGAg is really good or Clem really stinks.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It could very well be coaching but I don't see how you can keep rolling him out there at this point. That team has too much talent.

Yeah, considering this is now a recurring pattern, I'm leaning to blaming the coaching.

This is exactly what happened with DJU, iirc. Isn't he the one that struggled in games then they brought Klubnik in as the 'next big thing' to spell him. Klubnik looked good in spot duty then the fans called for him to play. And here we are.

Will they restart the spin cycle?

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t Lawrence plugged in like that mid season too? I don’t think it should be surprising to them that they aren’t all him though…

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, considering this is now a recurring pattern, I'm leaning to blaming the coaching.

This is exactly what happened with DJU, iirc. Isn't he the one that struggled in games then they brought Klubnik in as the 'next big thing' to spell him. Klubnik looked good in spot duty then the fans called for him to play. And here we are.

Will they restart the spin cycle?
That’s a question I was just mulling over myself. At what point does it stop being a QB problem and it start being a Dabo problem? Lawrence was his last good QB even though they have brought in 5 star after 5 star. Is he just not good at identifying QB prospects or is Clemson not developing QBs?

Also, ugag is absolutely exposing clempsons habit of blitzing on 3rd down. This is nothing new. Anybody who has watched any clempson game in the past 5-10 years knows that they are bringing 7 or more on third down.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
I wish our secondary played the ball like ugags DBs. Their ability to turn their head and find the ball instead of playing the receiver is such a luxury. I’m just so used to our guys trying to break up the pass while never attempting to find the ball in the air.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That’s a question I was just mulling over myself. At what point does it stop being a QB problem and it start being a Dabo problem? Lawrence was his last good QB even though they have brought in 5 star after 5 star. Is he just not good at identifying QB prospects or is Clemson not developing QBs?

Also, ugag is absolutely exposing clempsons habit of blitzing on 3rd down. This is nothing new. Anybody who has watched any clempson game in the past 5-10 years knows that they are bringing 7 or more on third down.

It's looking more and more like Dabo has been propped up by good coordinators.

I know he's a good dude so folks protect him, for lack of a better word, but folks should be asking questions about his job performance of late.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Careful, the Tiggers might start stalking Wienke if Dabo figures that out.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
It's looking more and more like Dabo has been propped up by good coordinators.

I know he's a good dude so folks protect him, for lack of a better word, but folks should be asking questions about his job performance of late.
I think their defense is still decent. But you are correct their lack of a good set of offensive coaches for years now is a poor reflection on Dabo. Especially if FSU can keep improving their QB. It even comes down to recruiting by the offensive coaches