2024 non-GT games thread

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
It's looking more and more like Dabo has been propped up by good coordinators.

I know he's a good dude so folks protect him, for lack of a better word, but folks should be asking questions about his job performance of late.
Brent Venables got out of town, Tony Elliot left, now he’s brought in Garrett Riley and absolutely ruined his reputation. The good thing for Riley is that those in the know understand he’s having to run an offense while being severely hamstrung by Dabo. It wouldn’t surprise me if Riley got out of town this offseason to save his career.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yeah, considering this is now a recurring pattern, I'm leaning to blaming the coaching.

This is exactly what happened with DJU, iirc. Isn't he the one that struggled in games then they brought Klubnik in as the 'next big thing' to spell him. Klubnik looked good in spot duty then the fans called for him to play. And here we are.

Will they restart the spin cycle?
Problem is I've also seen nothing to suggest DJU actually has it either and he's on his 3rd team. He did solid at OSU but looked bad every time he played a good D. I don't think it's all coaching. Their offense has always required a QB who can make good decisions and provide a running threat. Even Kelly Bryant could provide that despite the inferior arm talent.