2024 non-GT games thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It’s tough to be a fan when your team looks like they’ve been canceled and the season has barely started. It will take quite a coaching job for UNC to salvage this dumpster fire.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
UNCheat QB1 out for the year w/ a broken leg. Looks like it's up to the defense.............:clown:
Wasn't the QB battle "close" at UNC this fall? Is the next guy a big step down?

Hate it for Max Johnson. The older I get... the more it bothers me seeing college athletes go down like that. The road ahead for them is challenging in a lot of ways.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Who we pulling for in the ACC today ?

Who are we pulling for otherwise ?

I would like to see USC knock off LSU. I have a soft spot now for the old PAC, plus, this is the year we need every SEC team to lose as much as possible so they don’t horde the playoffs.
I'm expecting the BIG and SEC to dominate the playoffs whether they deserve it or not, hope I'm wrong. They now dictate to everyone else IMO.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I’d love to see every ranked SEC team lose their OOC games. I’d love to see every Non-ranked SEC team lose their OOC game. I’d love to see every ranked SEC team lose their conference games. Don’t care to watch them, as they’re not important to me, but in general interest, my preference is for them to lose. Same thing for tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, etc.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
You expect there to be a lot of sloppy play in week one, but we really do look like the best team in the ACC so far, not even being a homer.
Now 7 8 ACC teams have played, including 3 on our remaining schedule. Some observations and question marks on the latter:
  • UNC: At least they played a Power 4 team. But they lose if not for a missed chip shot field goal. Their defense was ok close to the line of scrimmage. Tackling in space, not so much. Can they make their offense more than one-dimensional? Will their backup QB be more effective?
  • Duke: Like UNC, their defense played ok – but it was against slow FCS team that couldn’t execute their offense. Can their QB get in sync with his receivers? 26 points against an FCS team is pretty pitiful.
  • NCST: Didn’t see their game, but they must have been sleepwalking through the first 3 quarters. I can’t see them staying ranked after letting an FCS team have the lead into the 4th quarter.
We still looked like the best team in the ACC so far. Today’s games will tell us a lot more.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Who we pulling for in the ACC today ?

Who are we pulling for otherwise ?

I would like to see USC knock off LSU. I have a soft spot now for the old PAC, plus, this is the year we need every SEC team to lose as much as possible so they don’t horde the playoffs.
Not much conflict for me today.
Pulling FOR all ACC teams.
Pulling AGAINST all SEC teams.
Like to see WVU pull the upset.
Shame Stanford faded down the stretch. I couldn’t stay up to 2 am!
Monday night is my first conflict. FSU has pissed me off but I think ACC needs a strong FSU team. That said, I don’t care too much as long as their losses are IN CONFERENCE.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Monday night is my first conflict. FSU has pissed me off but I think ACC needs a strong FSU team. That said, I don’t care too much as long as their losses are IN CONFERENCE.
Agree with all you said except I want FSU to continue winning unless we play them again. Helps our SoS, which is important for rankings.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'm expecting the BIG and SEC to dominate the playoffs whether they deserve it or not, hope I'm wrong. They now dictate to everyone else IMO.
Talk on ESPN yesterday was whether the ACC or BIG 12 get 2 teams in the playoffs. Pretty much a guarantee at least 8 of the 12 teams come from the SEC and BIG 10.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
But to answer the question, **** FSU and everyone else I don't like. Don't get caught up in the SOS BS. Let's just take care of our business and quit pulling for dumbass teams as if that's going to change any ESPN narrative.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Week 1 is always interesting, but most teams improve the most 2nd and 3d week of the season. So we don't really know yet what to expect. My bigger takeaway is typically looking for lots errors and mistakes that indicate degraded/bad coaching. Duke Defense as an example. A more positive example is FSU, they played a fairly clean error free game. They can immediately start working on more of the nuance issues that we exposed. I think they are going to be a very good team this year unless they have some kinda culture implosion there

Except for the NC Defense. They are clearly going to suck!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We need FSU to turn into a cyclone and take out the remaining 7 ACC teams in their schedule. We hold the ACCCG tiebreaker over them and need them to start eliminating our competition, especially the ones we don't have a H2H game against.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I honestly expected FSU's QB to have a worse game and make his typical mistakes and throw some ints under pressure. On their drive to tie the game in the 4th, I was 95% sure he would throw a pick or pick 6 That is why I was thinking we would pull away in the 2nd half. So he will serve them well the rest of the year