2024 non-GT games thread

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
42-21 final. VT is a good football team dispute popular Swarm opinion.
Agree. I watched some of their game last night. Of course BC helped them with turnovers, the RB (name?) is the real deal. Speed hard to tackle. QB has a good arm. D is quick but BC finally found a way to score on them after falling behind 28-0 !!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Stopping the Run will be a challenge. Their RB, Tuten it the #3 rusher in the Country in yards per game at 125/game and he averages 7 yards per carry. That will be a big test for the defense,
Leonard will run as well, at least he did at Duke. We have to do a better job keeping him inside. He can burn us if we don't and we have had problems with scrambles getting on the edge.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I’d call them decent, but that’s being picky on my part. Their talent is similar too (although maybe just a tick below) ours. I’d call us somewhere between decent and good…not clear yet which category we’ll wind up in. (If we pull off an upset out of UGa, ND, or Miami, I’d call us good….if not, we’ll just be decent also).

Nevertheless, I think that’s an L for us when we visit there. They’re due to beat us at their place, and we’re due for a let-down game at some point in this late stretch against VERY good teams, so it’ll be tough for us.

Doesn’t mean they’re good (yet).
Their Def is clearly better than ours, but we almost always play them tough. We have a decent chance…