2024 non-GT games thread

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Ga Southern pulled off an amazing comeback win over Marshall tonight and I was there since we were on the road. 21 4th quarter points in the last 6.30 minutes of the game. 24,000 in attendance but only about 1,500 stated the whole time. Although, 35,000 people will say they were they're tomorrow at church 😆.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ga Southern pulled off an amazing comeback win over Marshall tonight and I was there since we were on the road. 21 4th quarter points in the last 6.30 minutes of the game. 24,000 in attendance but only about 1,500 stated the whole time. Although, 35,000 people will say they were they're tomorrow at church 😆.
I can lie about as well as anybody but I will bend over backwards to avoid telling a lie whilst in church or even on the church grounds. A man has to stand for something imo.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’ve noticed a lot of people in church don’t know they are lying. 😊
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Duke is favored over free shoes Saturday.

And Duke is not a good team.

What a time to be alive.
Duke is 5-1, their only loss to a pretty good GT team on the road. I would not say Duke is not a good team.

What you meant to say is FSU is a terrible team. They’re 1-5 averaging 14.8 PPG, good for 131st in the country. FSU needs to go 5-1 the rest of the year to even make a bowl game, and they still have Miami, Notre Dame, and Florida left to play. Would not shock me at all if Duke and/or UNC beat them either.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Their schedule has been a joke, and they’ll be lucky to go 7-5. They’re not a good team but are currently overachieving.
Their schedule has indeed been relatively easy, as it often is. But it also continues to be fairly easy through the rest of the season. They have three very winnable games remaining - FSU, NCSt, and Wake.

Duke has shown that it has a weak offense coupled with a good defense which can keep them in games. They're 2-1 in P4 games and likely to be 3-1 after next weekend. I'd say they are an average P4 team with an easy schedule that will inflate their W/L record.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Clemson, Pitt, Syracuse, SMU, and Miami top five in the ACC. Who had that on their bingo card? Halfway point and it’s anybody’s to claim. Except FSU.
If you are going by current standings, you left off Louisville.

Our losses are to the current 5th and 6th teams. In games yet to be played, we only have to play the 2nd in the regular season. We still have a shot at the Championship, but at 2 losses already, it's a long one.