2024 non-GT games thread

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the second half of the Colorado game and I couldn’t believe the reffing. Then the missed targeting call happened and sealed the deal for my suspicion of refs doing anything to help them win.

The box is allowed to call out targeting after plays even without a flag, and they showed that one over and over, clear as day textbook targeting. That is calculated negligence on a disgusting level.
I wonder if there is some ref/league policy change on this..... I am not a big fan of the targetting call, but there were several plays in our game that at least would have been looked at in recent years.....but for some reason, it seemed like the refs just didn't want to go there?

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Colorado looks like a team with a couple of really talented players, but otherwise uncoached. NDSU is an FCS team, and they looked better prepared.

Then, there was this at the end of the game:

As for NCST and Western Carolina, the Catamounts were one of our few wins of the Collins era. They have a decent coach, but no resources. NCST shouldn’t have had a problem with them.

As for UNC and Minnesota, there were not free cheese curds; the gophers did not score in the third quarter

NDSU is a really good football team year in and year out. Why ANY FBS team would schedule them week 1 is beside me. I'd also watch out for the SDSU-OK St. game tomorrow as a potential upset. I was shocked that Minnesota lost last night, but hearing that UNC struggled was music to my ears.

slugboy

Staff member
NDSU is a really good football team year in and year out. Why ANY FBS team would schedule them week 1 is beside me. I'd also watch out for the SDSU-OK St. game tomorrow as a potential upset. I was shocked that Minnesota lost last night, but hearing that UNC struggled was music to my ears.
Coaching Malpractice on both sidelines
(Edit: I’m talking about Minnesota and UNC. It’s also true of Colorado—Shedeur Sanders and Travis Hunter are stars, but the team plays like a mess. NDSU played well and deserved to win)

Last edited:

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I watched the second half of the Colorado game and I couldn’t believe the reffing. Then the missed targeting call happened and sealed the deal for my suspicion of refs doing anything to help them win.

The box is allowed to call out targeting after plays even without a flag, and they showed that one over and over, clear as day textbook targeting. That is calculated negligence on a disgusting level.

Within the same few game minutes, a very clearly ignored holding and false start. Then in NDSU’s final drive, the booth was doing everything they could to run extra seconds off the clock.

I didn’t care for Colorado before last night. Now I want that to be the only game they win.
I didn’t see some of the things you noted live, but definitely saw replays.
I also watched the Last NDSU drive and I was asking the TV on EVERY PLAY why they haven’t reviewed the clock!
I thought they had more than 35 seconds to start the drive and on one play the official hadn’t spotted the ball and the clock was rolling. That 3 seconds alone would’ve given them a shot at the endzone instead of the game ending on the 5 yard line.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watched UNC game highlights.
I know I’m biased, but Geoff’s defense looks VERY BAD at tackling.
Solid DL pressure. But the secondary can’t wrap up to save their life.

If we stop RB Hampton, this game shouldn’t be close.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Just watched UNC game highlights.
I know I’m biased, but Geoff’s defense looks VERY BAD at tackling.
Solid DL pressure. But the secondary can’t wrap up to save their life.

If we stop RB Hampton, this game shouldn’t be close.
Hampton carried UNC's offense. To be fair, the game was played in very wet conditions - conducive to the run game over the pass, and making tackling more difficult too. However, we didn't seem to have much trouble tackling in similar conditions.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Coaching Malpractice on both sidelines

Agree with you, particularly on CO. They look undisciplined. They look like the FSU and Miami teams that carried themselves like they were title contenders but actually were winning 6-7 games. All the bravado and stupid penalties leading to L's.

WraleighWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Nc state looked pretty meh. Loved how they show the graphic about Grayson McCall only having 14 ints in the +\- 10 years that he’s been playing, then he proceeds to throw a pick that was a few yards shy of a pick six.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
UNCheat QB1 out for the year w/ a broken leg. Looks like it's up to the defense.............:clown:
I want to clarify my “like” isn’t because the kid broke his leg. You never ever want that to happen especially to someone who was just looking for a place to succeed much like our own Haynes King. The “like” is because UNCheat’s season is absolutely toast if they now have to really on their defense to win games 😂

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah we’re gonna smoke Duke.

The way Manny Diaz just cheered like they won a bowl game after Elon missed their field goal to tie them before the half. Wow.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah we’re gonna smoke Duke.

The way Manny Diaz just cheered like they won a bowl game after Elon missed their field goal to tie them before the half. Wow.

But was he wearing the sexy receiver gloves he's known for?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You expect there to be a lot of sloppy play in week one, but we really do look like the best team in the ACC so far, not even being a homer.
Well considering that only six of them have played it might be a bit early to make that call. What would you say if Clemson beat Georgia by 14? Or if Miami beat Florida 40-10? Or if VT beat Vandy 70-7?

I guess to be fair you said “so far”

The first week can be deceiving. Let’s keep an eye on it and see how we progress.

Last edited: