2024 non-GT games thread

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I don't really see Minnesota making any noise this season but I'd be beside myself after watching that CB abandon his man to stop the QB scramble 10 yards upfield. What a fatal mistake.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to TFG on defeating a 2 year starting QB transfer from the University of New Hampshire who is unable to complete a HB screen!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
That was maybe the most phyrric victory you can have. You lose your starting QB. you can't score with your amazing RB (hampton is so good he should have transfered somewhere) and your defense got flat out embarassed when it mattered most.

slugboy

Staff member
I looked at the Tarheel boards. Some of them see a silver lining in their defense, but they think their win looked like a loss, and they’re grateful than the gopher kicker missed two field goals.

Found this:

So many Mack Brown games feel like a deal with the devil where neither side is totally clear on the terms

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
Colorado looks like a team with a couple of really talented players, but otherwise uncoached. NDSU is an FCS team, and they looked better prepared.

Then, there was this at the end of the game:

As for NCST and Western Carolina, the Catamounts were one of our few wins of the Collins era. They have a decent coach, but no resources. NCST shouldn’t have had a problem with them.

As for UNC and Minnesota, there were not free cheese curds; the gophers did not score in the third quarter

Last edited:

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I will take the 3 OOC wins last night as good news for the ACC, which translates to good news for our SoS.
That said, no team looked great in the first half, especially considering the competition. UNC eked out a sloppy win due to their opponent missing a chip shot field goal and another makeable one. NC St. required a 4th quarter rally to beat an FCS team.

It’s early, but we still look like the best team in the conference out of the six that have played.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
That was maybe the most phyrric victory you can have. You lose your starting QB. you can't score with your amazing RB (hampton is so good he should have transfered somewhere) and your defense got flat out embarassed when it mattered most.
Pretty sad for Max Johnson, I was watching when he went down and he was in a ton of pain. UNC is going to have some challenges at QB now, we'll see how the backup does. He looked to have some ball security challenges last night. The 3rd string guy was at UNC for 3 years, then transferred to Arkansas for last season (played some) and then transferred back to UNC. Not much experience there now.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Colorado looks like a team with a couple of really talented players, but otherwise uncoached. NDSU is an FCS team, and they looked better prepared.

Then, there was this at the end of the game:

As for NCST and Western Carolina, the Catamounts were one of our few wins of the Collins era. They have a decent coach, but no resources. NCST shouldn’t have had a problem with them.

As for UNC and Minnesota, there were not free cheese curds; the gophers did not score in the third quarter

I watched the second half of the Colorado game and I couldn’t believe the reffing. Then the missed targeting call happened and sealed the deal for my suspicion of refs doing anything to help them win.

The box is allowed to call out targeting after plays even without a flag, and they showed that one over and over, clear as day textbook targeting. That is calculated negligence on a disgusting level.

Within the same few game minutes, a very clearly ignored holding and false start. Then in NDSU’s final drive, the booth was doing everything they could to run extra seconds off the clock.

I didn’t care for Colorado before last night. Now I want that to be the only game they win.

Last edited:

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Colorado almost screwed themselves "da U" style. All they needed to do was take 3 knees but they threw on 1st down and it was incomplete stopping the clock. They ended up punting and gave ND a chance.