2024 non-GT games thread

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Most things being equal, QB play is huge. Right now the difference between Miami and FSU. Tech and the U may have two of the best QBs in the South. Time will tell, but there are never enough good quarterbacks to go around.
In the ACC I think you are right. Much as a hate to admit it, UGA QB is very good. Haven't seen enough of the other SEC QBs to rate them running up scores against weak opponents. With all of the transfer QBs, it is really hard to rate until you are a few weeks into the season.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
One irritating thing to me is the advantage the ranked preseason teams have. As others have said, the first poll shouldn't come out until October. If you start out highly ranked you're more likely to stay in when you lose and keep going up when you win.
I agree and wish the first rankings would come up when the playoff rankings come out in October. But fan excitement of preseason polls is why they will never change. It helps sell magazines, Social Media sites, etc.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
One irritating thing to me is the advantage the ranked preseason teams have. As others have said, the first poll shouldn't come out until October. If you start out highly ranked you're more likely to stay in when you lose and keep going up when you win.
yep. watch how far free shoes falls after losing to an unranked team in week 0, and how said unranked team likely won't break the top 25.

that, and the Miami hype train. the media is willing miami into existence.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson has not had a top qb since Lawrence. Riley has not shown he is a top OC either. Their offense was terrible against uga and that's with a second year starter at qb.
Clemson hasn't been the same since they lost Chad Morris and Brent Venables. Dabo is not a great head coach, he is a good recruiter that HAD great assistants around him. Most of the recent success has been due to just having better athletes that made up for vanilla play calling. However, with Dabo's resistance to the portal and NIL the gap in talent is dropping fast. I think he is gone this year if they fail to make the ACC championship and he is still refusing to adapt (both of which I think are likely).

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Did we beat the Tomahawk Chop out of Florida State or is it just my audio feed? Band could still be getting settled back into their seats after the pre-game show.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
This isn’t on pace to help our ranking. We should drop from 50ish to 60ish for not beating free shoes by more.