2023 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm really not liking that our two wins have come in extra innings, especially when we have had a multiple run lead each time. The bullpen has got to shut these guys down...also, I hate how much success Harper always has against us. What did we ever do to him?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm really not liking that our two wins have come in extra innings, especially when we have had a multiple run lead each time. The bullpen has got to shut these guys down...also, I hate how much success Harper always has against us. What did we ever do to him?

Feel like braves fans started booing him for no actual reason. Seemed like a turd as a rookie and 1st couple years, but seems fine now. 🤷‍♂️ why do they still boo him.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
When AJ Minter comes in, I think they ought to just save time and put the first two batters on base with walks and then let him start pitching ...

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Now the real season begins…..Giants won the World Series in the even number years a decade ago for a while, let’s take the odd number years this decade

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
With about two weeks left how do you think Snitker should finish out the regular season ? Give the starters one series off to give them a few days rest or keep the pedal to the metal ?
Oh geez, the age old question lol. I'm usually in the camp of resting guys when you've got everything locked up, but it seems like in years past that resting guys has provided more of a hinderance then a help in that the guys seem to come back rusty and out of sync. The last thing I want to see happen is guys getting hurt and being out for the postseason, but we also need them to keep their timing sharp. I'd probably give each of our normal starting pitchers one more outing then utilize call ups to fill in the gaps. I'd bring up Vaughn and let him play out the final two weeks to see if he can leave a mark for a possible trade in the offseason, and I'd start rotating days off through our normal lineup. In a perfect world it works beautifully, but with Braves postseason baseball, hardly anything ever works out beautifully.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I think I'd try to give the position players a little rest, something like a game before a off-day, nothing too big as to mess with their timing, but keep the starting pitching rotation in-tack without pushing them too hard, you're only talking a couple of starts. As far as Vaughn goes, yes, good idea and I would also add him to the roster for the post-season. I believe you can add one position player and one pitcher.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think they're gonna rest guys until the final week. Remember they'll have time off waiting for preliminary series to finish, don't want too long a break.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The pitching situation is the Braves weakness. They cannot win in a good pitchers matchup except for 2 starters. The bull pen stinks. No real closer. I love thier offense. It is absolutely great. BUT the pitching situation could limit their post season run. Lately they have been searching for some new arms, but I have seen nothing they can use. Has anyone?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
In that stretch Bryce Elder got rocked then we started Jared Shuster. Charlie Morton had a bad game then we had Kyle Wright start his second game since returning from injury. Had we lost that badly and Fried and Strider been involved I be a LOT more worried. We've also not been using the bullpen quite as much and letting a reliever stay in even if it gets ugly. That's an option available when you've sewn up the division and you've just about locked up the NL as well. We do need to make sure we don't pull the foot completely off the gas because having homefield advantage throughout the playoffs AND possibly the WS is huge.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The pitching situation is the Braves weakness. They cannot win in a good pitchers matchup except for 2 starters. The bull pen stinks. No real closer. I love thier offense. It is absolutely great. BUT the pitching situation could limit their post season run. Lately they have been searching for some new arms, but I have seen nothing they can use. Has anyone?
I agree, and now Max Fried is on the IL and Charlie Morton hurt his finger last night and left the game ?? ... for all the glitzy offensive stats we may be in trouble.