2023 Atlanta Braves

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Three out of four from the second place NL team? I’ll take it! Oh, BTW, Acuna settled the MVP “discussion” in this head to head.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Would love to get thoughts on this, but first and foremost my heart goes out to Michael Soroka. The kid just can't seem to catch a break. Whatever he did to anger the baseball gods must have been extremely severe. I was thinking about him this morning and how he could best be utilized not only to help the Braves, but also get him on the mound for his sake. Should we try to convert him into a reliever? I'm not sure that would help him stay on the mound, but maybe it would be less taxing on his body and he could be available more often and stay away from the injury bug?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Three out of four from the second place NL team? I’ll take it! Oh, BTW, Acuna settled the MVP “discussion” in this head to head.

In pretty dominating fashion, for the most part, too.

On the MVP, I'm sure folks will still try too hard to not give it to him. But dude made a statement in that series that can't be denied. Sure they weren't technically head2head like basketball players are. But it was clear one guy outplayed the other by a wide margin.

Would love to get thoughts on this, but first and foremost my heart goes out to Michael Soroka. The kid just can't seem to catch a break. Whatever he did to anger the baseball gods must have been extremely severe. I was thinking about him this morning and how he could best be utilized not only to help the Braves, but also get him on the mound for his sake. Should we try to convert him into a reliever? I'm not sure that would help him stay on the mound, but maybe it would be less taxing on his body and he could be available more often and stay away from the injury bug?

Cut bait, sadly. He just can't get right. See if they can score a random prospect for him via trade.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
You can call me out on this, hopefully I'm wrong, but for the great season they have had and all the glitzy statistics, I think the Braves our very suspect in a short series. Their hitting can be streaky, they strike out a lot and their pitching both starting and relief is shaky IMO. The Phillies scare the heck out of me ...

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
You can call me out on this, hopefully I'm wrong, but for the great season they have had and all the glitzy statistics, I think the Braves our very suspect in a short series. Their hitting can be streaky, they strike out a lot and their pitching both starting and relief is shaky IMO. The Phillies scare the heck out of me ...

Yea playoffs could go a lot like last season. Hope not.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I share your concern, particularly w.r.t. the Phillies. I'm hoping like heck they get tripped up by someone else.

My only beef is I thought the thing that made them special offensively is that they don't strike out all that much?

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I share your concern, particularly w.r.t. the Phillies. I'm hoping like heck they get tripped up by someone else.

My only beef is I thought the thing that made them special offensively is that they don't strike out all that much?
I didn't look up the stats on the KO's but it seems like to me Albies, Olsen and Riley strike out a lot especially when we at least need contact to advance runners. I'm pretty sure Olsen at least is up there in KO's, or maybe I'm just picking on him because I was a big Freddie Freeman fan ??

On the Phillies, when I check the standings the first place I go is the wildcard, today I believe they are 5 games up ....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Three-game series vs. Phillies starts this afternoon. Morton-Fried-Strider going for the Braves. Post season preview for sure ...

I'm scared, GTJ. I was scared vs LAD too but this is different. PHI has all their starters healthy.

Scared Real Housewives Of Orange County GIF

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'm scared, GTJ. I was scared vs LAD too but this is different. PHI has all their starters healthy.

Scared Real Housewives Of Orange County GIF
Agree, we better win today, Zach Wheeler is pitching for them tomorrow.

Sounds crazy, but if I had to pick one team in either league that I didn't want to face in the post-season it would be the Phils !

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Agree, we better win today, Zach Wheeler is pitching for them tomorrow.

Sounds crazy, but if I had to pick one team in either league that I didn't want to face in the post-season it would be the Phils !

Eggsactly. Yet it seems destined to be the matchup. Smh

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Pretty wild Game 1 yesterday, somehow I missed the Double-Header schedule.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean that much, we will win the Division, but if we would have lost that game, especially in the fashion of the Phillies constantly coming from behind, it would have been a big confidence boost for them and a big Oh-oh for us ...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

We don't strike out a lot at all. In fact, Atlanta batters rank 6th in least amount of team Ks.