2023 ACC News & Discussion

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow

Opposing coaches and boosters love this list because it makes it so easy to know who to try and poach with inducements. If we are able to retain these two players this off-season, I would consider that a big step forward for the program from an NIL standpoint. Fingers crossed that those at the Tech Way are able to match the demand of the market for these talented young athletes.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Opposing coaches and boosters love this list because it makes it so easy to know who to try and poach with inducements. If we are able to retain these two players this off-season, I would consider that a big step forward for the program from an NIL standpoint. Fingers crossed that those at the Tech Way are able to match the demand of the market for these talented young athletes.
Would be even better if the posters contributed to the Tech away.

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Just that if you have the least bit of fear about bridges at all it can be difficult. Wind, fog and disorienting vistas.

Never been over so these are obviously second hand stories. Didn’t know if it had special terrors compared to other bridges or not. Maybe the psychologist they used to use was simply the need to keep the morning commute moving.
Makes sense. When I’ve gone over it was a normal day. Fog and wind could create for an interesting drive.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
LA is where my wife is from. Monroeville, Alabama. Halfway between Mobile and Montgomery. It ain't close to nothing but the ground I tell people when she is not around. To this day, we receive the weekly Monroe Journal from her hometown so she can keep up with what is going on.
Lower Alabama is Butler County. Monroeville natives may claim that title, but it doesn't fit. Anything north of Mobile is just Southern Alabama.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
LA is where my wife is from. Monroeville, Alabama. Halfway between Mobile and Montgomery. It ain't close to nothing but the ground I tell people when she is not around. To this day, we receive the weekly Monroe Journal from her hometown so she can keep up with what is going on.
That's South Alabama. Lower Alabama is that portion of FL directly below AL, including Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, etc. I was born in LA; my mom is from South Alabama, Georgiana/Greenville area (about 30 miles east of Monroeville).

(but if you're from the southern border counties in Alabama, some people do refer to this as Lower Alabama)

Last edited:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
That's South Alabama. Lower Alabama is that portion of FL directly below AL, including Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, etc. I was born in LA; my mom is from South Alabama, Georgiana/Greenville area (about 30 miles east of Monroeville).

(but if you're from the southern border counties in Alabama, some people do refer to this as Lower Alabama)
My dad’s family was from Foley Alabama. They called it home.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
UNC has it rolling now and getting Walker eligible has made them better. McCollum probably wasn't thinking about him when he transferred. Maye is targeting Walker over McCollum. We will have our hands full for that game.
I am a little surprised that the NCAA caved on allowing Walker to play this late in the season. The governor (UNC grad) lobbied the ncaa and the state attorney General (who plans to run for governor) threatened to sue them. That appears to be what did it. The ncaa has no backbone.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a little surprised that the NCAA caved...
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

My Mom was born and raised in Pine Apple…sounds like it’s in your Mom’s neck of the woods

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

Really makes me sad that we lose such historic rivalries like GT vs Louisville and GT vs Wake Forest just like that.

Does make me wonder who are protected game/games would be...Clemson?