2023 ACC News & Discussion

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Duke has hired Manny Diaz to be HC. Really odd choice considering how mediocre he was as HC at Miami where he had tons more talent and money to throw around than he will at Duke.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like Duke has hired Manny Diaz to be HC. Really odd choice considering how mediocre he was as HC at Miami where he had tons more talent and money to throw around than he will at Duke.
I think the job Manny did at Miami continues to look better and better with time. I know many people have been critical of this hire, but I think this is about as well as Duke could have done.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I think the job Manny did at Miami continues to look better and better with time. I know many people have been critical of this hire, but I think this is about as well as Duke could have done.
Looks better compared to what? He was undisputably worse than his predecessor Mark Richt, and was basically on par with Randy Shannon and Al Golden who were the worst Miami coaches since the 70s. That Cristobal seems like he may be joining the group of underperformers doesn't really help Diaz.