2023 ACC News & Discussion

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
My Mom was born and raised in Pine Apple…sounds like it’s in your Mom’s neck of the woods
At this rate, you two are probably related somehow....

Fox Broadcasting Baseball GIF by Pitch on FOX

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We have not discussed Wake Forest beating the team that spoiled Louisville’s season.

Again, in the ACC, you better bring your A game every week because someone is gunning for you.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow! There seems to be some degree of parity in the ACC. Probably due to NIL and transfer portal. We need to work both those hard. AND NIL must be used for DL and LB ( our glaring weakness). Let others use NIL on RB, or WR.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Wow! There seems to be some degree of parity in the ACC. Probably due to NIL and transfer portal. We need to work both those hard. AND NIL must be used for DL and LB ( our glaring weakness). Let others use NIL on RB, or WR.
There’s always been parity in the ACC. I mean, even though the Coastal division doesn’t exist anymore there’s still a ton on Coastal chaos going on:
  • Duke upset Clemson to open the season
  • 1-4 Pitt beat undefeated Louisville
  • 2-3 Georgia Tech coming off a loss to Bowling Green beat undefeated Miami
  • 1-5 Virginia beat undefeated North Carolina
I believe the ACC has always had the most parity of the P5 conferences because the cash flow and budgets are all relatively similar when compared to the other conferences. Yeah we’ve got Clemson and FSU who have dominated the conference for the last decade+ because they have way more money than everyone else, but the rest of the conference is pretty similar. The Coastal went 7 years with a different team winning the division. I highly doubt there’s another division in college football where every single team in it has won the division, much less everybody winning it in consecutive years. If the NCAA (or any organization) actually wanted to produce a good, sustainable product, they would implement some kind of revenue sharing system in order to maintain a relatively equal playing field for all teams. Instead, they actively manipulate the rules to push the teams already way out ahead of the pack when it comes to finances. It’s a joke of a system really.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We have not discussed Wake Forest beating the team that spoiled Louisville’s season.

Again, in the ACC, you better bring your A game every week because someone is gunning for you.
Man, was that a great football game or what! One of the best games I've seen all year with Wake starting a 3rd string QB (the 1 and 2 in the room were hurt) against a Pitt team obviously geared up and pulling it out with a terrific TD pass in the last seconds. I never thought I'd see Clawson at a loss for words, but he was babbling at the end of game interview.

But … the ACC games yesterday were easily the most entertaining slate in NCAA football this year. Our game was fun to watch until the very last minutes.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Totally taken out of context. Let them get rid of Dabo and then they’ll enter their desert like we have been in post CPJ.
Dabo is kind of a goof and “lighten up the bandwagon” is a very odd thing to say but I think it just reiterates again how hard it is to keep the focus and intensity of 18-23 year olds. I’m sure he is referring to the attitude many of them have that “they’ve arrived” once they strap up that Clemson helmet. Not unique to Clemson of course… every kid who lands at a big D1 program has been outstanding (and reminded that they are outstanding) for most of their lives. Some are seeing adversity for the first time and some have never had to learn how to handle success. Dealing with those things is harder to teach than football