2023 ACC News & Discussion

CEB

Helluva Engineer

If we lose Wake or L’ville, I am launching a formal complaint. That would be the last stinking straw for me.

IMG_7326.gif

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone see a future rivalry with Stanford?
Hadn't really considered that — certainly think it's a possibility in football if we play with some degree of frequency.

I would personally love to see us start also playing Pitt more consistently. I've always thought that could form into a low-key rivalry, but that is probably my bias clouding my judgment. I always enjoy introducing the city of Pittsburgh to my Tech friends or bringing a big group down when Pitt plays at BDS.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The powers to be in the ACC office will probably send us to two away games on the west coast the same years and they will make sure UNC has the easiest schedule to get to the championship. UNC Clemson and FSU should have to play each other every year to get a taste of a SEC schedule since they are all so anxious to leave.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
The powers to be in the ACC office will probably send us to two away games on the west coast the same years and they will make sure UNC has the easiest schedule to get to the championship. UNC Clemson and FSU should have to play each other every year to get a taste of a SEC schedule since they are all so anxious to leave.
I like it. We could just go back to divisions:

Atlantic Coast Division:
GT, VT, UVA, Pitt, Lville, BC, Cuse, NCST, WF, Duke, SMU, Cal, Stanford

Wannabe Big Southeast Division (all play home / home annually):
Clem, FSU, Miami, UNC, ND

Two best records play for conference title.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope we get one of the out-west teams every year because it seems like a fun travel. Preferably stanford. My likelyhood of convincing family to fly to California for a game and sightseeing is much higher than driving from Atlanta to see North Carolina or Virginia teams.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I hope we get one of the out-west teams every year because it seems like a fun travel. Preferably stanford. My likelyhood of convincing family to fly to California for a game and sightseeing is much higher than driving from Atlanta to see North Carolina or Virginia teams.
Actually, for sightseeing and travel, Cal is the better match-up. Being on the north side of the bay, you're closer to wine country, the redwood forests, and just as close to SF. If you go into SF, you'll have to cross the Golden Gate.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Actually, for sightseeing and travel, Cal is the better match-up. Being on the north side of the bay, you're closer to wine country, the redwood forests, and just as close to SF. If you go into SF, you'll have to cross the Golden Gate.
Never driven across the Golden Gate. I’ve heard horror stories. Are they true?

NPR did a story many decades ago about the time the bridge used to have a psychologist on the bridge would get in cars and talk people over the bridge who had just frozen in the middle of the road.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer

NPR did a story many decades ago about the time the bridge used to have a psychologist on the bridge would get in cars and talk people over the bridge who had just frozen in the middle of the road.
Must be why it's the number 1 suicide destination

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I crossed the bridge a couple of times when traveling at 5 mph seemed too fast. The fog can roll in quickly and you cannot see very far at all.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I like it. We could just go back to divisions:

Atlantic Coast Division:
GT, VT, UVA, Pitt, Lville, BC, Cuse, NCST, WF, Duke, SMU, Cal, Stanford

Wannabe Big Southeast Division (all play home / home annually):
Clem, FSU, Miami, UNC, ND

Two best records play for conference title.
Given all the carrying on amongst my fellow Swarmers, wouldn't we be in the Big Southeast Division also?