2022 Spring Football Practice

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Results on the field is what will matter the most (duh!).

Listed at 333 pounds, the 6-foot-6 Williams is down to 305 pounds, Key said.
“He’s leaned himself up, he’s strong,” Key said. “I’m expecting a really good year out of him.”
I am (VERY) cautiously optimistic about our OL this year after listening to CBKs press conference. He has usually been pretty reserved in his compliments and constantly seemed to temper expectations of the OL development in the past few years. In this interview however he seemed genuinely excited about where they are in the development. He did preface it by saying "I hope I am still this excited by the end of spring practice" so we will see.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am (VERY) cautiously optimistic about our OL this year after listening to CBKs press conference. He has usually been pretty reserved in his compliments and constantly seemed to temper expectations of the OL development in the past few years. In this interview however he seemed genuinely excited about where they are in the development. He did preface it by saying "I hope I am still this excited by the end of spring practice" so we will see.
I thought he was more relaxed and not as uptight as he has been in the past. Hopefully it's the OL performance that is creating that.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
THIS is why some of us pay attention to press conferences even when others say not to.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Would have loved to attend the spring game and I don't even mind it being on a weekday. What I do mind is that they put it on 1 of the 2 greatest sports days of the calendar year: the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I just saw on Ramblin Wreck that Peje Harris is now listed at TE. That could be very exciting. Strong pass catching from the TE spot will work well in Long's offense.
I’m not trying to toot my own horn as much as express frustration that this didn’t happen sooner. I made the below post in 2018 (zero likes btw lol 😉) where I analyzed the roster and landed on Harris as the only young player on the team who could play TE.

1646332180861.jpeg

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow

amazing throw but i’m not sure if the route was amazing or our defense is bad again lol

So I've watched this a couple of times and I'm leaning toward the defense being bad on this one. This is straight up man coverage and unless it's a stutter and go, Carter is running either a go route or a post. Couldn't tell who was in coverage, but he got burned bad....

JacketFan137

Banned
So I've watched this a couple of times and I'm leaning toward the defense being bad on this one. This is straight up man coverage and unless it's a stutter and go, Carter is running either a go route or a post. Couldn't tell who was in coverage, but he got burned bad....

here’s an alternate angle. difficult to tell the exact route based on the footage from the two clips but i think it’s a skinny post. that DB got absolutely cooked.

positives would be maybe sims confidence will go up throwing against these guys lol

GT33

Helluva Engineer
There isn't much coming out and GC makes sure it happens all Spring by putting the T-game on a Thursday NIGHT when it might be cold and rainy.Its a wonder its not at 1 am in the morning.,I guess..
Just wait until Homecoming is moved to Thursday night.