2022 Spring Football Practice

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
8 scholarship OL for spring drills and some other interesting comments. Yes, Lay is practicing.

Why do I feel like in week 3 we'll here CGC talking about how we need to simplify the coverages and blocking schemes ? You win and lose on the line and it seems like we've gotten worse. Maybe Tchio and Quick make a huge impact, but that is some wishful thinking. Depth has suffered and you need it on the OL. Ouch...

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Why do I feel like in week 3 we'll here CGC talking about how we need to simplify the coverages and blocking schemes ? You win and lose on the line and it seems like we've gotten worse. Maybe Tchio and Quick make a huge impact, but that is some wishful thinking. Depth has suffered and you need it on the OL. Ouch...
I felt like our OL either were confused or didn’t know the scheme last year. No one can be that bad. Excuse my bluntness, but you teach to the dumbest member of the team. If one person is confused it destroys the offense.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
We all know the most popular topic every season is the backup QBs. So, with that said, does anyone know how Zach and Zach are looking?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We all know the most popular topic every season is the backup QBs. So, with that said, does anyone know how Zach and Zach are looking?
There isn't much coming out and GC makes sure it happens all Spring by putting the T-game on a Thursday NIGHT when it might be cold and rainy.Its a wonder its not at 1 am in the morning.,I guess..

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Williams is the lone returning full-time starting offensive lineman for the Jackets, now in their first full week of spring practice. His 17 career starts are the most within the position group and he is easily the most accomplished lineman that offensive-line coach Brent Key has recruited to Tech out of high school."

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Williams is the lone returning full-time starting offensive lineman for the Jackets, now in their first full week of spring practice. His 17 career starts are the most within the position group and he is easily the most accomplished lineman that offensive-line coach Brent Key has recruited to Tech out of high school."

Results on the field is what will matter the most (duh!).

Listed at 333 pounds, the 6-foot-6 Williams is down to 305 pounds, Key said.
“He’s leaned himself up, he’s strong,” Key said. “I’m expecting a really good year out of him.”