2021 ACC Baseball

Deleted member 2897

NC State won Friday and Saturday against Pitt. NC State just wins games. Started 1-8 and now they’re 16-13. Incredible. Win again today fellas!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, after losing we are still atop Coastal and second in the ACC in win %.

But we need to win today to stay there. Unless of course L'Ville, Pitt and FSU lose again today. Kind of ironic all top 5 teams who played yesterday (ND didn't play) lost. Doesn't bode well for NCAAs. But we are consistently inconsistent.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Coastal sending all 7 teams to ACC Tournament... Atlantic only 5. However (and it makes sense... in a way), the Atlantic has 4 of the top 5 teams.

I think (not sure) 4 teams still have a mathematical shot to win Coastal....
Ga Tech
Pitt
Miami
UNC

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Coastal sending all 7 teams to ACC Tournament... Atlantic only 5. However (and it makes sense... in a way), the Atlantic has 4 of the top 5 teams.

I think (not sure) 4 teams still have a mathematical shot to win Coastal....
Ga Tech
Pitt
Miami
UNC
If we win Thursday, do we clinch?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think so. We have a 1.5 game advantage on both Pitt & Miami. Win 2 we're the top team in the Coastal. Don't Miami or Pitt can take it with a sweep.
Assuming all games are played next weekend...Miami jumps Ga Tech by winning only 2 (if Ga Tech is swept). Miami will have played 35 games (Ga Tech 36)... so, if they match our win total, they have higher win %.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Assuming all games are played next weekend...Miami jumps Ga Tech by winning only 2 (if Ga Tech is swept). Miami will have played 35 games (Ga Tech 36)... so, if they match our win total, they have higher win %.
That sounds like a frighteningly realistic scenario. Exactly what you would expect to happen if you are a paranoid tech baseball fan. And of course, then we would proceed to make it to the ACC championship game, only to blow a 7 run lead in the last two innings.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
That sounds like a frighteningly realistic scenario. Exactly what you would expect to happen if you are a paranoid tech baseball fan. And of course, then we would proceed to make it to the ACC championship game, only to blow a 7 run lead in the last two innings.
Never fear... Clemson swept Louisville, then followed that with a trip to Atlanta & a Ga Tech sweep (of Clemson). UNC just swept Louisville... & will be making trip to Atlanta. It's all good.

Deleted member 2897

And NC State swept Pitt. NC State is now 16-5 over the last 21 games. That’s an incredible basically 2.5 win per-series average over the last few months.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Based on winning % .........

If we go 2-1 (or sweep!) against UNC, we are Coastal champs no matter what the others do.

If we go 1-2, then Miami and/or Pitt can pass us if either go 3-0. Don't see that happening with Miami vs. Louisville, but definitely could happen w/ Pitt and WF. 2-1 for Miami or Pitt still doesn't catch us in this scenario.

If we get swept by UNC then they own the Head to Head advantage over us and we could drop to fourth in the coastal if Pitt & Miami go 2-1. YIKES! I don't see this happening either, as we have not been swept all year (I think). But this team never ceases to surprise me.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Based on winning % .........

If we go 2-1 (or sweep!) against UNC, we are Coastal champs no matter what the others do.

If we go 1-2, then Miami and/or Pitt can pass us if either go 3-0. Don't see that happening with Miami vs. Louisville, but definitely could happen w/ Pitt and WF. 2-1 for Miami or Pitt still doesn't catch us in this scenario.

If we get swept by UNC then they own the Head to Head advantage over us and we could drop to fourth in the coastal if Pitt & Miami go 2-1. YIKES! I don't see this happening either, as we have not been swept all year (I think). But this team never ceases to surprise me.
Thank you. Now do all the less than 3 games played per series scenarios. 😉

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Charlotte isn't that far from Atlanta...

Well, most ACC tournament games I've been to have been very socially distanced anyway. Unless the tournament's in Greensboro and UNC or NC State are playing. They may get a good number of fans in Charlotte as well, along with Clemson. I think it would be unlikely if any games not involving those 3 teams sold out of their pre- fully opened ticket allotment. Although there may be a lot of people itching to get out and see some ball, so this could also be a very well attended event.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Best team in the ACC right now, and not even close ......... NC State. Called an NC State friend yesterday and offered him my ACC Tourney weekend tickets if we aren't there. He couldn't use them but there should be lots of NC State fans making the short trip to Charlotte. Unless of course, baseball happens.

1621595650037.png