2020 Baseball - Postseason

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Different class of 2020!
Congrats to these Jackets!!!

Only time I'll ever say... super pumped to see these Jackets "get out"!! (y)

Seriously... what an accomplishment! We should always ALWAYS pause to tip our caps to what this means. D1 student athletes getting the job done. It is not easy to do what they've done. Ga Tech baseball (as far as I can tell) produces outstanding men. They should each pat themselves on the back and soak in the moment. Here's to each of the guys, their families, and the GT baseball program. Go JACKETS!!! :beercheers:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Programs already pinching pennies.

If a big program like NC St. is already making decisions to offset costs I can’t imagine what will happen to many more smaller programs. GT is probably not immune considering we already operate in one of the largest debt pools in college sports.

I haven’t heard anything about it, but I would imagine the Rusty C. renovations have be suspended indefinitely?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If a big program like NC St. is already making decisions to offset costs I can’t imagine what will happen to many more smaller programs. GT is probably not immune considering we already operate in one of the largest debt pools in college sports.

I haven’t heard anything about it, but I would imagine the Rusty C. renovations have be suspended indefinitely?
I don't know it to be the case... but what if renovations were from a donor(s) earmarked specifically for that purpose?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't know it to be the case... but what if renovations were from a donor(s) earmarked specifically for that purpose?
That’s probably true. I believe baseball has a couple of anonymous donors who more or less are the heartbeat of the program. Kind of like the Zelnaks are for other programs. I don’t remember the exact figure, but I’m pretty sure the renovations were/are going to run close to $1.5M, and the technology updates are around $700k. That’s over $2M that could be put to use to cover operating costs if there isn’t enough revenue available. The reno wasn’t scheduled to begin until after the season anyway though, so I’m sure more information about it will be available in the coming weeks.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's take a moment of silence.

We should be starting the UVa series today.

OK, now drink up. Baseball will be back(y)(y)(y)
Thanks but no thanks. I had totally managed to decouple from what was to be & what is.

...but I'll still drink to that!
I feel you guys. I felt like by now we were going to be a feared team. Oh what could have been!

I hope all of you are safe and happy. I'll have a drink with the both of you (and anyone else that's joining in). Now I just have to decide on the beverage!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I feel you guys. I felt like by now we were going to be a feared team. Oh what could have been!

I hope all of you are safe and happy. I'll have a drink with the both of you (and anyone else that's joining in). Now I just have to decide on the beverage!

I'll second that CT. Although, why choose a beverage? I started with rum & Dr. Pepper. Next up, bourbon. Now beer. No need to pick favorites. Just drink!