2020 Baseball - Postseason

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
2014 ACC Baseball Championship game re-airing tomorrow (Fri) at 5pm. Where were you sitting @GTNavyNuke ? Perhaps the 6 years ago version of you is on TV at some point.

OMG, ripped of the bandages. We need baseball. Or I need baseball.

That was a great one day road trip.

I don't think we are going to have college football, at least with fans this year. But we'll have baseball next year. Gotta have hope. And gotta go to some games. Life is too short.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
would be worth still having, so at least people could watch from Home
(same for baseball. need baseball to take off to set the wheels in motion)

https://www.statista.com/chart/21406/public-opinion-on-pro-sports-during-coronavirus-pandemic
upload_2020-4-16_18-40-57.png

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
such a great conversation

The college baseball season might be over with, but there are still plenty of topics to discuss regarding the sport, from the timing of the MLB draft to roster management and scholarship allocation.

With that in mind, we unveil this week’s D1Baseball College Baseball Roundtable, which includes D1’s Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt, ESPN’s Kyle Peterson and Chris Burke and ESPN/Perfect Game’s Mike Rooney.

https://d1baseball.com/video/d1baseballs-college-baseball-roundtable/

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Good interview. He's getting his degree... this semester. I get so fired up thinking about these guys accomplishing that! It is special & they deserve big time credit.

Interesting...he acknowledges he never thought getting a degree would happen [the way it did] because when he signed, he rightly assumed he'd be playing pro ball after 3 seasons. But that wasn't in cards for him. I'm pulling for him. You could argue he's the most "screwed" by a shortened season & truncated draft on the team. ...not that it does any good to try to assess who's at top of that list.

I am NOT any sort of insider... but listening to very end of interview, gives me the feeling he is gone.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Anybody like me? There is just a twinge of trepidation when I see Coach Ramsey all nostalgic about FSU. I got same feeling seeing him hanging out in FSU's suite at ACC tournament last year.

Don't get me wrong... he is a human being that has relationships & earned right to revel in those things... he doesn't need to change a thing. Just sayin... I have a reaction.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
It bothers me that the NCAA is considering moving football to the Spring. Are they just going to totally bury baseball? Just as I have moved GT baseball ahead of GT football in my personal favorites list.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Why would they do that due to the returning players in the summer? It's only April.
Couldn't they wait until, maybe, JULY to see where we are by then?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It bothers me that the NCAA is considering moving football to the Spring. Are they just going to totally bury baseball? Just as I have moved GT baseball ahead of GT football in my personal favorites list.

College football represents too much money to the colleges to not have if there is any way to not miss a season. There is currently no way the stadiums would be filled this fall even if games were held (absent a COVID-19 silver bullet).

If both college football and baseball are concurrent, I'll still pay more attention to baseball. The few, the proud, the GT baseball fans.

Baseball will survive just fine against football; I would expect the Spring football season would be limited in the number of games (8 maybe and some "post season" marquee match-ups?) and thus not coincide with many baseball games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
College football represents too much money to the colleges to not have if there is any way to not miss a season. There is currently no way the stadiums would be filled this fall even if games were held (absent a COVID-19 silver bullet).

If both college football and baseball are concurrent, I'll still pay more attention to baseball. The few, the proud, the GT baseball fans.

Baseball will survive just fine against football; I would expect the Spring football season would be limited in the number of games (8 maybe and some "post season" marquee match-ups?) and thus not coincide with many baseball games.
Agree... & on days when there is a home baseball game & home football game (possible schedulers would try to avoid this altogether) ... but you'll likely see largest baseball crowd all season (outside UGA game at home).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member