2020 Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The Braves announced today that they have signed first baseman Matt Adams. It’s a minor-league arrangement.

Adams had recently opted out of his deal with the division-rival Mets. Though there just wasn’t room for him on the New York roster, it seems the left-handed hitter showed enough to earn a spot in the Atlanta 60-man player pool.
He's a perfect DH against RHP and a good bench bat to have late in the game. Love this signing.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Braves announced today that they have signed first baseman Matt Adams. It’s a minor-league arrangement.

Adams had recently opted out of his deal with the division-rival Mets. Though there just wasn’t room for him on the New York roster, it seems the left-handed hitter showed enough to earn a spot in the Atlanta 60-man player pool.
He's a perfect DH against RHP and a good bench bat to have late in the game. Love this signing.
aka "Big City" & World Series Champ!!

...he crushes baseballs.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer

Trying to fill the gap of losing Puig... Braves did him dirty

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Got the idea from @THWG, in the GT Baseball thread.
Please name your all-Atlanta Braves team. 8 regulars, a made up DH or two, a PH or two, 4 starters and a closer? Here is my own:
C- Javy Lopez. 1B- Fred McGriff. 2B- Davey Johnson. 3B- Larry Jones. SS- Jeff Blauser. OF- Hank Aaron, Ronald Acuna, Dusty Baker. DH- Rico Carty(RH), Darrell Evans(LH). PH- Bob Horner(RH), Jim Braezille(LH).
P- Phil Niekro, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz. C- Mark Wohlers.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
C- Javy Lopez 1b- Freddie Freeman/Andres Gallarraga 2b- Ozzie Albies 3rd B- Larry SS- Rafael Furcal
OF- Dale Murphy, Andruw Jones, Ronald Acuna Jr, Hank Aaron
Pitchers- Maddux, Glavin, Niekro, Warren Spahn, Mike Soroka AND as my closer........ JOHN SMOLTZ
PH/DH- Gary Sheffield, Fred Mcgriff, Adres Gallarraga (yes I have him twice)

GT_EE78

Banned
I can't really cut out one of those starters, tho i guess Smoltz was a good reliever too.
  1. Red Schoendienst, 2B
  2. Chipper DH
  3. Hank, RF
  4. Eddie Mathews, 3B
  5. Freddy, 1B
  6. Dale Murphy, CF
  7. Rico Carty, LF
  8. McCann, C
  9. Logan, SS
SP: Maddux, Spahn, Niekro, Smoltz, Glavine
RP:John Rocker

GT_EE78

Banned
Braves Remove ‘Chop On’ Statue from Outside Stadium
On Sunday, the Atlanta Braves quietly removed their “Chop On” statue from near the third-base entrance at Truist Park.
The Braves have been under fire for years for their tomahawk chop fan chant. At various times the team has attempted to discourage fans from using the chant, but it has been part of Braves fandom since the 1990s. Recently, the team announced that it intends to keep its name, but it is reviewing whether or not to ban the chant officially.

Milwaukee

Banned
Braves Remove ‘Chop On’ Statue from Outside Stadium
On Sunday, the Atlanta Braves quietly removed their “Chop On” statue from near the third-base entrance at Truist Park.
The Braves have been under fire for years for their tomahawk chop fan chant. At various times the team has attempted to discourage fans from using the chant, but it has been part of Braves fandom since the 1990s. Recently, the team announced that it intends to keep its name, but it is reviewing whether or not to ban the chant officially.

Retarded.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Got the idea from @THWG, in the GT Baseball thread.
Please name your all-Atlanta Braves team. 8 regulars, a made up DH or two, a PH or two, 4 starters and a closer? Here is my own:
C- Javy Lopez. 1B- Fred McGriff. 2B- Davey Johnson. 3B- Larry Jones. SS- Jeff Blauser. OF- Hank Aaron, Ronald Acuna, Dusty Baker. DH- Rico Carty(RH), Darrell Evans(LH). PH- Bob Horner(RH), Jim Braezille(LH).
P- Phil Niekro, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz. C- Mark Wohlers.
I'll make my list based on players I've seen in person, with the exception of Hank Aaron who is the greatest baseball player of all-time.

Rotation: Smoltz, Hudson, Medlen, Soroka, and Fried

Closer: Kimbrel

C: McCann, 1B: Freddie, 2B: Albies, SS: Furcal, 3B: Chipper, LF: Aaron, CF: Andruw (my favorite Brave), RF: Acuna, DH: Justin Upton

Bench: Culberson, Conrad, Inciarte (for defense), Suzuki, and Frenchy

Milwaukee

Banned
Starters: Glavine Maddux Smoltz Avery Hudson
Closer: Rocker
OF Deion Andruw Acuna Justice
IF Chipper Pendleton Blauser Albies Freddie
C McCann
Mgr Cox

Sid Bream was very close to making my list.

Milwaukee

Banned

lmao 😂 keep em comin all season boys
68A99E45-CF84-482E-99CB-B9C5EA338F69.gif