2020 Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
****ing love it. Adds pop to the lineup and brings swag to go with Acuna and Ozzie. An already good offense adding bats is always good. Our team and Snit with their personalities can handle his big ego.

LFG
He has honestly grown on me as a player, but I really hope he can keep the attitude in check.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
The thing with Puig is that opposing fans and teams hate him, but everywhere his has played the fans and players in the clubhouse love him. When he’s on your side, his energy is a boost and he’s someone that has your back 100%.

herb

Helluva Engineer
The thing with Puig is that opposing fans and teams hate him, but everywhere his has played the fans and players in the clubhouse love him. When he’s on your side, his energy is a boost and he’s someone that has your back 100%.

kind of. Don’t get me wrong, I think this was a good move. BUT there were issues aside from the opposing fans. Go read some of the frustrations the Dodgers had with him, it wasn’t all roses.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Congratulations Braves fans! This made me laugh. @Milwaukee ...I come in peace. :)
BRbqJHqCYAAyakR.jpg

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
kind of. Don’t get me wrong, I think this was a good move. BUT there were issues aside from the opposing fans. Go read some of the frustrations the Dodgers had with him, it wasn’t all roses.
Every player has that to a degree. There are Braves fans that don’t like Freeman. Obviously Puig is more polarizing but the thread in r/baseball, almost every Dodgers fan was pro Puig. Likely some revisionist history there, but he has also matured a good bit since his Dodger days. I think the Braves have the best clubhouse situation to deal with a Puig type player, even the Puig from the Dodger days. Low risk high reward play by AA in a shortened season.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The OF gets a little younger with Pweeg in RF. Ozuna will be in LF(with his salary, he’s not going to sit)and Acuna in CF. More offense than Inciarte can bring. Duvall could alternate with Marcel at DH/LF. Also, Riley or Camargo or Bryce Ball could DH some.

Philadelphia has cancelled all public events through Feb. 2021. So if by miraculous odds they make the WS, the stands will be empty.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/i...s-say-fans-allowed-eagles-phillies-games-2020

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The OF gets a little younger with Pweeg in RF. Ozuna will be in LF(with his salary, he’s not going to sit)and Acuna in CF. More offense than Inciarte can bring. Duvall could alternate with Marcel at DH/LF. Also, Riley or Camargo or Bryce Ball could DH some.

Philadelphia has cancelled all public events through Feb. 2021. So if by miraculous odds they make the WS, the stands will be empty.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/i...s-say-fans-allowed-eagles-phillies-games-2020
Ozuna needs to be DH. I feel like Duvall and Inciarte will platoon this year. When Inciarte plays Puig will be in LF and Acuna in RF. When Duvall plays, Acuna will be in CF and Puig in RF.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Ozuna needs to be DH. I feel like Duvall and Inciarte will platoon this year. When Inciarte plays Puig will be in LF and Acuna in RF. When Duvall plays, Acuna will be in CF and Puig in RF.
Everything I’ve heard is Ozuna will be the primary DH, Inciarte in CF, Acuña in RF, Duvall and Puig platoon in LF depending on the pitcher. If Inciarte struggles, they will adjust, likely with Pache. Inciarte’s value comes entirely from the CF position. If you stick him in a corner his defense becomes less valuable. Acuña will never be a full time CF, especially with Pache in the wings, so they are trying to get him to his optimal position(RF) and have him stay there. They just put off Acuña’s move to RF because they were never gonna disrespect Markakis while he was with the team, since he has always been in RF.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Strike zone needs to be off video and not dumb umpire's interpretation. You can easily put a strike zone square on video and have the umpire buzz it in if the ball is in that square.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Strike zone needs to be off video and not dumb umpire's interpretation. You can easily put a strike zone square on video and have the umpire buzz it in if the ball is in that square.
Nah.. just have some schmo at home ("ump o the day") using the outfield camera angle do it. :)

Electronic strike zone is coming. Just a matter of time. Will change the game... so, careful what you wish for.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If this game was indeed played in Fredericksburg... the Nationals & Yankees would be playing 5 miles from my house.... & I would not be allowed to go watch. I'm a little relieved it isn't happening. I'd be pretty bitter.. They have been cleared to play in DC.