2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Forgive me if I’ve shared this story with you previously.
The first love of Mr. Al Ciraldo, Sr. was baseball. He did U. of Fla. and Akron Zip games before my stepdad brought him here in the mid-50’s and became his first corporate sponsor so GT/WGST would hire him for broadcasting. Mr. C told me several times how he enjoyed being on the initial Atlanta Braves announcing team with Jack Hurst(Mr. keep your eye on the ball, when he did the Falcons games too).
Al got too busy with advertising sales and Tech Football and Hoops, to remain with the Braves.
He would say, if you can’t play a sport, be one! Night all.
Bless you Brother Al! And may you guide us through coronageddon, to be better human beings.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Admittedly lurking in this and other sections of this site, I’ll do my best to post only in baseball.

To be brutally frank, I’ve missed you and @YellowJacketFan2018 the very most. The two of you Gents. don’t have a mean bone in your bodies. Both of you have the patience of Job on here. May I aspire to be of that example!

Having been busy with finishing up my theological studies, I’m now Ordained. Hopefully that contributes to me being a better person. It was a long-term goal after completing the MBA at Ga. St.
Finally, I have made my Greatgrandfather in Heaven proud(although he loved everyone whether a Doctor or Sanitation Engineer). He was a Methodist Minister, who passed at 98 years of age.

May God protect you Brothers and know that you remain in my prayers.
Congratulations, bud! That's an awesome accomplishment! Trying to get the Almighty's favor tilted to Braves nation. Very cunning! (y)

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I’m sending the “journey through the white light, non-stop flight,” for you my friend.
Keep up the good work on earth. You are loved for who you are today, not yesterday or who you might be tomorrow. Jesus loves you, right now!

@kg01 , I’m feeling you too, my friend. Don’t take that the wrong way, I haven’t switched teams. Lol!
Don't get me wrong; but you need to know that I am not looking FORWARD to the flight; but I am now comfortable!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Congratulations, bud! That's an awesome accomplishment! Trying to get the Almighty's favor tilted to Braves nation. Very cunning! (y)
You are too funny!
I’ll bet Mike remembers the day when the Braves were so desperate, we joked about them needing to scour the Japanese market....trying to sign a pitcher named WinOneSoon.

Josh who? Anthony who? The wise old owl says, who dat and who dem.
At least that was what my “to go” fortune cookie proclaimed today.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred and Mike, do you recall hearing about the ‘60’s Washington Senators with big Frank Howard?
They were like the ‘70’s Braves. You could put 2 tickets for the next home game under your windshield wipers and go into a store....come back out and there would be 4. I actually caught a foul ball during John “The Count” Montefusco’s no hitter vs. Atlanta. 58,000 empty seats around me. Lol.
Makes you appreciate the days ahead, once baseball starts back up for our clubs.
I even love Danny Hall and miss him too. James Ramsey for President. Might have to write him in. Ha!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Fred and Mike, do you recall hearing about the ‘60’s Washington Senators with big Frank Howard?
They were like the ‘70’s Braves. You could put 2 tickets for the next home game under your windshield wipers and go into a store....come back out and there would be 4. I actually caught a foul ball during John “The Count” Montefusco’s no hitter vs. Atlanta. 58,000 empty seats around me. Lol.
Makes you appreciate the days ahead, once baseball starts back up for our clubs.
I even love Danny Hall and miss him too. James Ramsey for President. Might have to write him in. Ha!
Mike Epstein played 1B for the 1967-1968 Senators and won a World Series championship with the A's in 1972.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Mike, what is your favorite sport? I’m guessing soccer is not top 3?
Can you rank ‘em all for me? Fred, Jayparr, ?

Hearing rumors of an 80 game season, starting in July. June=ST #2.
Braves will play Marlins, TampaBay and the Eastern clubs.
Sites could be where ST games are played without crowds?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

'
My Top 10 favorite sports

1-College Football
2-MLB
3-College Basketball(Men's)
4-NFL
5-MLS
6-College Baseball
7-NHL
8-College Basketball(Women's)
9-NBA
10-Boxing

If the 2020 MLB season will only be 80 games then the 2020 season should be cancelled and everything started up in February!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

1. College lacrosse (for a couple more seasons.... until my sons graduate)
2. College baseball
3. College FB
4. MLB
5. NHL
6. NFL
7. College basketball