2020 Atlanta Braves News

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would like it if they could figure out a way to play. Would require a lot of coordination & planning to mitigate risk. I could use the diversion.

https://theathletic.com/1723090/202...t-many-obstacles-remain?source=shared-article

MLB is prioritizing public health as it examines all possibilities, sources say. The season, at least initially, could be played in Florida or more likely Arizona, where spring training parks are more concentrated. But the logistics of quarantining 30 teams in one area would be extremely complex and potentially controversial, sources say, requiring local, state and federal government cooperation and resources that might be necessary to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Just saw on MLB Network that we have Acuna slotted to play RF. That would be a huge mistake, Ender is serviceable but Acuna is one of the top fielding CF in all of baseball. Don’t waste him in Right.
I think not playing a 3 time gold glove centerfielder would be a mistake. I personally don’t need to see much of Markakis in right this year. I love what he brings to the team as a leader but he needs to be used properly.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think not playing a 3 time gold glove centerfielder would be a mistake. I personally don’t need to see much of Markakis in right this year. I love what he brings to the team as a leader but he needs to be used properly.

Maybe you purposely looked past my comment due to over sensitivity. There’s nothing wrong with Ender, but Acuna is by far the better CF of the two.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Just saw on MLB Network that we have Acuna slotted to play RF. That would be a huge mistake, Ender is serviceable but Acuna is one of the top fielding CF in all of baseball. Don’t waste him in Right.
Disagree on this. Acuna's arm is made for RF. He is going to play there anyways when Pache comes up so might as well move him there now. He'll probably play in CF a good bit though because Duvall and Markakis have to play corner spots when they get time.

Milwaukee

Banned
Disagree on this. Acuna's arm is made for RF. He is going to play there anyways when Pache comes up so might as well move him there now. He'll probably play in CF a good bit though because Duvall and Markakis have to play corner spots when they get time.

Agreed about his arm, but that’s not a negative nor a punishment to stick him in right. His range and arm combo at CF is tops in MLB.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you purposely looked past my comment due to over sensitivity. There’s nothing wrong with Ender, but Acuna is by far the better CF of the two.

I didn’t look past anything :cool:. While your point stands that he could be a better center fielder next year. Placing him there also effects how RF is defended when he isn’t in right. THWG made a good point about his arm being in right. It’s about fielding the best 9.

Milwaukee

Banned
Atlanta Braves all-time team: Aaron and two Joneses in lineup; Maddux the ace; Acuna on bench ... for now
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...-lineup-maddux-the-ace-acuna-on-bench-for-now

• Chipp, 2B
    • Eddie, 3B
    • Hank, RF
    • Freddy, 1B
    • Andruw, CF
    • Dale, LF
    • McCann, C
    • Logan, SS
SP: Maddux, Spahn, Niekro, Smoltz
RP: Craig

Glavine has to be in the starting rotation. Game 6 of the 1995 WS that he clinched was the best I’ve seen. Such a shame we didn’t win 3 or 4 WS from 91-95.