2020 Atlanta Braves News

GT_EE78

Banned
Atlanta Braves all-time team: Aaron and two Joneses in lineup; Maddux the ace; Acuna on bench ... for now
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...-lineup-maddux-the-ace-acuna-on-bench-for-now

• Chipp, 2B
    • Eddie, 3B
    • Hank, RF
    • Freddy, 1B
    • Andruw, CF
    • Dale, LF
    • McCann, C
    • Logan, SS
SP: Maddux, Spahn, Niekro, Smoltz
RP: Craig
Can't leave either Chipper or Mathews on the bench but I'd have added a DH,
used Andruw as a defensive substitute, and two platoon spots
  1. 2B Red Schoendienst
  2. 3B Chipper Jones
    • 3 RF Hank Aaron
    • 4 DH Eddie Mathews
    • 5 1B F Freeman
    • 6 CF Dale Murphy
    • 7 LF L-DJustice/R-Rico Carty
    • 8 C L-BMcCann/R-JTorre
    • 9 Logan, SS
SP: Maddux, Spahn, Niekro, Smoltz, Glavine
RP: Bruce Sutter ( 30yr contract)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am not a Boris fan. However, anything that will get the season going safely is welcome in my book. These plans of isolating teams/players seem reasonable to me. Granted... you would be asking the personnel involved to make significant/unusual sacrifice by really being isolated from "rest of the world" ...including family. But hopefully... that would be pretty temporary. This idea from Boris seems pretty solid. His thought about California being the best location seems to be a stretch when compared to Arizona or Florida where professional parks and spring training complexes are all situated in close proximity.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/super-...mlb-to-lead-americas-reopening-000912172.html

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I am not a Boris fan. However, anything that will get the season going safely is welcome in my book. These plans of isolating teams/players seem reasonable to me. Granted... you would be asking the personnel involved to make significant/unusual sacrifice by really being isolated from "rest of the world" ...including family. But hopefully... that would be pretty temporary. This idea from Boris seems pretty solid. His thought about California being the best location seems to be a stretch when compared to Arizona or Florida where professional parks and spring training complexes are all situated in close proximity.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/super-...mlb-to-lead-americas-reopening-000912172.html
I think there will be a 2020 MLB season and when all is said and done it will be like the strike shortened 1981 season.

GT_EE78

Banned
This "new" idea is targeting late June/early July and approx 100 games to be played.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...c-about-starting-season-late-june/3039275001/
I'm for it , or Az or Fla or any of them!
that one could be interesting
EAST

New York Yankees and Mets, Boston Red Sox, Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Marlins

WEST

Los Angeles Dodgers and Angels, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Seattle Mariners

CENTRAL

Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Royals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Detroit Tigers

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm for it , or Az or Fla or any of them!
that one could be interesting
EAST

New York Yankees and Mets, Boston Red Sox, Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Marlins

WEST

Los Angeles Dodgers and Angels, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Seattle Mariners

CENTRAL

Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Royals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Detroit Tigers
I'd like to move Braves to the East... trade out Pittsburgh to Central.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It’s sounding like MLB is trying to move forward with a 3 division league: eastern, midwestern, and western. This will limit travel within the divisions and they will try to play a 100gm season.

Stay tuned.
History shows Braves fair much better (Titles-wise) in little bitty seasons.... rather than regular sized seasons. (y)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@Buzzbomb Welcome back! Hope you're refreshed and recharged and "all good" now.
Admittedly lurking in this and other sections of this site, I’ll do my best to post only in baseball.

To be brutally frank, I’ve missed you and @YellowJacketFan2018 the very most. The two of you Gents. don’t have a mean bone in your bodies. Both of you have the patience of Job on here. May I aspire to be of that example!

Having been busy with finishing up my theological studies, I’m now Ordained. Hopefully that contributes to me being a better person. It was a long-term goal after completing the MBA at Ga. St.
Finally, I have made my Greatgrandfather in Heaven proud(although he loved everyone whether a Doctor or Sanitation Engineer). He was a Methodist Minister, who passed at 98 years of age.

May God protect you Brothers and know that you remain in my prayers.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Admittedly lurking in this and other sections of this site, I’ll do my best to post only in baseball.

To be brutally frank, I’ve missed you and @YellowJacketFan2018 the very most. The two of you Gents. don’t have a mean bone in your bodies. Both of you have the patience of Job on here. May I aspire to be of that example!

Having been busy with finishing up my theological studies, I’m now Ordained. Hopefully that contributes to me being a better person. It was a long-term goal after completing the MBA at Ga. St.
Finally, I have made my Greatgrandfather in Heaven proud(although he loved everyone whether a Doctor or Sanitation Engineer). He was a Methodist Minister, who passed at 98 years of age.

May God protect you Brothers and know that you remain in my prayers.
Hey Buzz; Now that you will have an easy journey to the Kingdom of Heaven! So when I die I will need you to put me on a space shuttle to get there!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hey Buzz; Now that you will have an easy journey to the Kingdom of Heaven! So when I die I will need you to put me on a space shuttle to get there!
I’m sending the “journey through the white light, non-stop flight,” for you my friend.
Keep up the good work on earth. You are loved for who you are today, not yesterday or who you might be tomorrow. Jesus loves you, right now!

@kg01 , I’m feeling you too, my friend. Don’t take that the wrong way, I haven’t switched teams. Lol!