2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Do you gents. think there is a decent chance the MiLB youngsters would play for the big league teams in July, if the Union fails to make an agreement? The last time it happened, they were called “scabs.” Do you want to watch them, and would you?

Until then....stock up on the Vitamin D and go with Tylenol over Ibuprofen.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Do you gents. think there is a decent chance the MiLB youngsters would play for the big league teams in July, if the Union fails to make an agreement? The last time it happened, they were called “scabs.” Do you want to watch them, and would you?

Until then....stock up on the Vitamin D and go with Tylenol over Ibuprofen.
I would watch them play. I'm just really desperate for sports though.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Probably few (if any) interested.... but I watched the Improbable episodes when they aired last weekend for the first time. Really well done. They are running again on Sunday. For you non-DC area guys, the Nationals website looks like only place you can view it.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
No counter proposal planned after MLB rejected MLBPA’s recent offer/plan.

Meanwhile here in Duluth, Ga. ..... a protest march is scheduled for this Sunday, June 7, at the Gwinnett Place Mall area off Tandy Key Lane. It won’t be concerning baseball.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The 5 round Amateur MLB Draft occurs next Wednesday, June 10 at 7pm on ESPN/MLB Network and Thursday, June 11 at 5pm on ESPN2/MLB Network.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves do not have a competitive balance round pick or a second round selection(due to signing Will Smith).

Forfeited the compensation round loss of Donaldson, when they signed Ozuna.

Next picks are Rounds 3,4,5 on Thursday night.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves 2nd round pick: Jesse Franklin, CF, Michigan.
Fits a need, however they passed over Tanner Witt, HS Pitcher

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Correction: Franklin was in the 3rd round.
4th round pick - Spencer Strider, a junior pitcher out of Clemson.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m wondering if Mike lost his password, again? Where are you buddy?

Manfred, just like the NFL, really represents the owners(Adam Silver is probably the only true commissioner in neutrality, if there is one). Rob was one of the leading attorneys for MLB vs. the MLBPA & prior to Christopher Clark taking over for the Union, during the last settlement. So, here is what will most likely occur:
The March 26 accord gives Manfred the power to implement a regular season structure so long as bargaining has been in good faith (as always, that's a matter of interpretation). If it comes to that, then Manfred would likely implement a regular season of 48-50 games.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I’m wondering if Mike lost his password, again? Where are you buddy?

Manfred, just like the NFL, really represents the owners(Adam Silver is probably the only true commissioner in neutrality, if there is one). Rob was one of the leading attorneys for MLB vs. the MLBPA & prior to Christopher Clark taking over for the Union, during the last settlement. So, here is what will most likely occur:
The March 26 accord gives Manfred the power to implement a regular season structure so long as bargaining has been in good faith (as always, that's a matter of interpretation). If it comes to that, then Manfred would likely implement a regular season of 48-50 games.

Ma Fred is just a puppet boy. This **** is driving me crazy.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
NL East, Atlanta competition(attention, Mr. Fred Jacket).....
Rizzo to be extremely active:
https://www.federalbaseball.com/202...ely-aggressive-pursuing-undrafted-free-agents

The ones not taken(75 of the top 200):
https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-mlb-non-drafted-free-agents
Thanks for the link. I do wonder how this will work. Rich get richer? ...just throwing bonus money ($20k) at a bunch of talented guys. Guys lean toward signing with good organizations... that develop talent... stuff like that.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred, I think your farm system needs the replenishment more than top 5 Atlanta.
Washington looks good for the next few years, but you know how baseball turns over.

Seattle had a good abbreviated 6 player draft.