2020 Atlanta Braves News

herb

Helluva Engineer
It might be good to allow 14 or 15 pitchers instead of the 13? Just my opinion.
I think they will ramp up fairly quickly to start the games when they get the go ahead. Too quick to allow starters to get ready like they would normally. I heard Dave Robert’s yesterday on Dan Patrick and he said he thought they would start with 30 players on the roster and slowly whittle it down to the 26 to allow the starters to get their arms in shape.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think they will ramp up fairly quickly to start the games when they get the go ahead. Too quick to allow starters to get ready like they would normally. I heard Dave Robert’s yesterday on Dan Patrick and he said he thought they would start with 30 players on the roster and slowly whittle it down to the 26 to allow the starters to get their arms in shape.
It's going to be a very weird baseball season. I think it could wind up being like the 1981 season except for a missed spring training.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hi, Good Buddy @YellowJacketFan2018 ;
May you be safe in these times.
I think it has a shot for the first week in June. If not, they need to extend the August 15 deadline that accompanies the time limit for choosing between school and the pros. The Draft could be delayed should this virus quarantine go beyond 8 weeks.

What do you say?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Hi, Good Buddy @YellowJacketFan2018 ;
May you be safe in these times.
I think it has a shot for the first week in June. If not, they need to extend the August 15 deadline that accompanies the time limit for choosing between school and the pros. The Draft could be delayed should this virus quarantine go beyond 8 weeks.

What do you say?
Right now i think the MLB Draft will be cancelled if MLB doesnt start up by June:grumpy: Thanks for the well wishes Buzzbomb and i'm under the weather and feel like i'm coming down with the a cold or the flu:wideyed:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Right now i think the MLB Draft will be cancelled if MLB doesnt start up by June:grumpy: Thanks for the well wishes Buzzbomb and i'm under the weather and feel like i'm coming down with the a cold or the flu:wideyed:
I’m not sure about seasonal allergies in Eastern Tenn., but here the tree pollen is out of sight. Since I walk a lot each day, naturally I keep a sinus infection. Been taking the spray before the pills. Hopefully you don’t have a fever. If so, it’s a flu and needs the E.R. I’ll be praying for you.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure about seasonal allergies in Eastern Tenn., but here the tree pollen is out of sight. Since I walk a lot each day, naturally I keep a sinus infection. Been taking the spray before the pills. Hopefully you don’t have a fever. If so, it’s a flu and needs the E.R. I’ll be praying for you.
I don't have a fever so i hope it wont get too bad;)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm dealing with the pollen too. It's awful right now.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
My biggest surprise(not that I didn’t think he could pitch and make the MLB staff)since I got to see him twice, was Kyle Wright. His stuff was on.
Who is your ST surprise? Here are some other opinions:
https://www.talkingchop.com/2020/3/...o-was-the-braves-biggest-surprise-this-spring
Shea Langoliers was my biggest surprise,i didn't expect him to be as polished as he was this spring.:D I think Shea will get some starts at catcher this season and will be the starter in 2021.:D

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Some folks are going to use “social distancing” when dealing with their In-Laws, indefinitely.

Gosh, I miss baseball. Even with my sinus infection, headaches-I’d hit in the cages at least a few mornings before work with the MLB season starting this week.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

I'll always remember the 1985 July 4th Braves-Mets game in Fulton County Stadium:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::smuggrin::cool:

I was at that game. These days, I would have needed a nap around 1 a.m.
Still don’t know why they had the fireworks display? Atlanta P.D. had to come barreling down Capital Ave. They might have thought someone stole the cannon at the Atlanta Cyclorama down the street. It was like 4 a.m. or later. Went home, took a shower and off to work by 7 a.m.